- Are you a middle/high school student in a Brewer school, an RSU 22 school, a Hermon school, or a home-school student residing in any of those communities and have a passion for video production? This competition is for you!
Bangor Public Health and Community Services | Student Video Contest
Bangor Public Health and Community Services is the municipal public health department for the City of Bangor, Maine 04401.
- Tomorrow, NESCom alum Andrew Foster will be a guest speaker in CT 245 Digital Photography I. He'll be speaking about his freelance photography work.
Here's just one of his great photos. Grace Potter from Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.
- See the gentleman in the back? That's our own Walter Clissen working with José Feliciano on a recording with the Les Paul Trio at the Irridium in NYC.
- Get a glimpse into the world of a Foley artist from this morning's CBS Sunday Morning.
The special art of sound effects
Marko Costanzo is what is called a Foley artist - someone who reproduces sounds for movies and television that microphones barely pick up when they're recording dialogue. If you think in the era of digital everything that Foley sound would be dying, you’d be wrong. Martha Teichner reports.
- Students of the PRSSA Husson/Nescom chapter are in Boston today for the PR Advanced conference.
Members of our @[167935269966190:274:PRSSA Husson/Nescom] chapter at the PR Advanced conference in Boston today. #dressedforsuccess
- The winners of the 2015 BEA Festival of Media Arts were announced this afternoon and NESCom students earned a first place award!
NESCom Blog: Students Earn First Place In 2015 BEA Festival Of Media Arts
The students of the New England School of Communications have once again received national recognition for their work. The Broadcast Education Association (BEA) has awarded NESCom students with a first place finish in their 2015 Festival of Media Arts. The award is for the 2014 edition of the radio…
- Thursday night the NESCom chapter of the Audio Engineering Society presents a guest lecture by Lou Clark. 7pm in Libra Lecture Hall.
- Our own Walter Clissen, Associate Professor from NESCom Audio Engineering is included in this feature from Musician's Friend on the role of a producer.
What Producers Do and Why You May Need One | The HUB
Our panel of audio producers and mastering engineers explain how they work and weigh in on what they can do to help bring your musical vision to life.
- The Accepted Student Day, scheduled for Monday, February 16 has been cancelled due to the impending storm. We encourage you to sign up for one of the next available dates, either March 23rd or April 20th.
Accepted Students Day Registration
NESCom, a small college with 525 students, shares the campus with Husson University, our sister school. As a result of our relationship with Husson, NESComâ„¢ offers the personal attention of a small college with all of the conveniences and resources of a much larger campus. Located in the George Wildey Communication Center on a wooded hillside, NESComâ„¢ is only a short walk from restaurants and shopping. Within our convenient, well designed campus, amenities include three residence halls, dining commons, library, health services, gymnasium with health and fitness center and Olympic size swimming pool, chapel, bookstore, art gallery and campus center all wired with a fully integrated computer network system.