- Husson Career Services invites all students to a guest lecture from Daniel Seddiqui on his 50 Weeks, 50 States, 50 Jobs project, on Wednesday at 7pm in Libra Lecture Hall.
- 89.3fm WHSN Bangor has announced their 2015 AS4MS benefit concert. This great annual concert involves multiple departments and courses here at NESCom working together towards the production of a big event. If you've never attended an AS4MS in the past, now's you're chance to watch it all happen on Friday, April 10th at the Gracie Theatre.
NESCom Blog: WHSN Announces 2015 AS4MS MS Society Benefit Concert
WHSN 89.3FM has announced their 2015 AS4MS concert to benefit the National MS Society. The event, which has been running for more than 12 years, showcases Maine bands & performers with 100% of the proceeds going directly to the Greater New England Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- Meyer Sound’s Mauricio “Magu” Ramierez and Buford Jones spent days with students studying both Audio Engineering and Live Sound Technology on seminars titled
“Line Array Design and Application” and "the Mixing Workshop.
Photos by Adam Bates, Thomas Morelli and Litho Ruksznis
Meyer Sound Seminar
Meyer Sound’s Mauricio “Magu” Ramierez and Buford Jones spent days with students studying both Audio Engineering and Live Sound Technology on seminars titled “Line Array Design and Application” and "the Mixing Workshop. Photos by Adam Bates, Thomas Morelli and Litho Ruksznis
- Are you a middle/high school student in a Brewer school, an RSU 22 school, a Hermon school, or a home-school student residing in any of those communities and have a passion for video production? This competition is for you!
Bangor Public Health and Community Services | Student Video Contest
Bangor Public Health and Community Services is the municipal public health department for the City of Bangor, Maine 04401.
- Tomorrow, NESCom alum Andrew Foster will be a guest speaker in CT 245 Digital Photography I. He'll be speaking about his freelance photography work.
Here's just one of his great photos. Grace Potter from Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.
- See the gentleman in the back? That's our own Walter Clissen working with Josť Feliciano on a recording with the Les Paul Trio at the Irridium in NYC.
- Get a glimpse into the world of a Foley artist from this morning's CBS Sunday Morning.
The special art of sound effects
Marko Costanzo is what is called a Foley artist - someone who reproduces sounds for movies and television that microphones barely pick up when they're recording dialogue. If you think in the era of digital everything that Foley sound would be dying, you’d be wrong. Martha Teichner reports.
- Students of the PRSSA Husson/Nescom chapter are in Boston today for the PR Advanced conference.
Members of our @[167935269966190:274:PRSSA Husson/Nescom] chapter at the PR Advanced conference in Boston today. #dressedforsuccess
- The winners of the 2015 BEA Festival of Media Arts were announced this afternoon and NESCom students earned a first place award!
NESCom Blog: Students Earn First Place In 2015 BEA Festival Of Media Arts
The students of the New England School of Communications have once again received national recognition for their work. The Broadcast Education Association (BEA) has awarded NESCom students with a first place finish in their 2015 Festival of Media Arts. The award is for the 2014 edition of the radio…