- It's always exciting to see NESCom student work competing nationally!
89.3fm WHSN Bangor's 2013 Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Mystery & Imagination is a finalist in the CBI National Student Production Awards in the Special Broadcast category.
National Student Production Awards Finalists - National Student Electronic Media Convention
Congratulations to the following finalists in the CBI 2014 National Student Production awards! More finalists will be announced on this page every weekday through Aug. 29, so check back. Winners will be announced in Seattle at the 2014 National Student Electronic Media Convention. Announced August 2…
- Comedy Central has named '10 grad Ray Harrington as a "Comic To Watch" and have included him in a comedy showcase in Mass next week!
Find out more about Ray at http://www.rayharringtoncomedy.com/
Comedy Central's Comics to Watch - Johnny D's Uptown
“Comics to Watch” is a live stand-up showcase featuring the very best new talent from across the country, hand selected by Comedy Central and the festival producers. This show was created to launch the careers of the next generation of comedians by putting them in front of industry executives and co…
- Congratulations to NESCom Live Sound Technology grad Andrew King ('13) who worked his first NFL game last night (Broncos vs. Texans). He was the Audio Assistant, setting up the broadcast booth for the announcers, statisticians and intercom.
- Husson University Director of Financial Aid Nicole Vachon offers up tips on paying off student loans in this blog post from nerdscholar
How to Pay Off Student Loan Debt on Time | NerdScholar
College is one of the largest personal investments a student can make. NerdScholar is here to help!
- NESCom Live Sound Technology has added a new monitor package to their stable of gear.
NESCom Live Sound Technology
Check out our new Live Sound Monitor Package.Six JBL VRX915M Biamped monitorsTwo racks of Crown XTi 4002 and 4000 amps.Each amp rack with Motion Labs 30A twist and Tripp Lite power distros
- Whether you're a NESCom Audio Engineering student, a NESCom Live Sound Technology student, or just a fan of music in general, there seems to be something for everyone in the Foo Fighters Sonic Highways trailer.
Foo Fighters Sonic Highways: Trailer (HBO)
The HBO Original Series, Foo Fighters Sonic Highways premieres Friday, October 17 at 11PM, only on HBO. ...
- Best of luck to Heather Littlefield!
NESCom student to drive in rally race
BANGOR — Heather Littlefield, 32, of Bangor is getting ready to compete in a rally race in Harrisville, New York, Sept. 20-21. Littlefield said she has been a rally motorsports enthusiast since 2005 when she discovered the sport on YouTube. After volunteering for seven rally events on the east coas…
- #NESComPride reaches all the way to Cyprus and beyond! Akis Gabrielides wearing his NESComer shirt in Limassol, Cyprus.
Are you an outgoing, passionate Husson University student who enjoys interacting with other people? If so, the Admissions Office might have the perfect student employment opportunity for you! Eagle Ambassadors are on the front lines of impacting a prospective student’s decision to enroll into a program at Husson University. Working side-by-side with the Admissions Office, Eagle Ambassadors must be reliable, sociable, and possess a winning personality to interact with prospective students and their families. Interested? If interested, apply by going to google.husson.edu and clicking on the Student Employment tab. Deadline for applications is 2:00pm on Monday, August 25th.
Apple DiscountsWhile NESCom® does not require students to own their own computer, if you are interested in buying a system, NESCom® recommends buying a Mac. There are many reasons for this recommendation, but the major one is simple. In the industries which NESCom® trains it's students for, OS X is the platform of choice to get the job done. That's why we use Macs in our labs, and that's why we recommend Macs to students looking for a computer. To this end, we've partnered with Apple to provide all Husson University staff, faculty, and students Apple gear at great academic prices. To start shopping, click here.
If you would like help figuring out what mac system you should purchase, please don't hesitate to contact the NESCom help desk for system recommendations. firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 992-4943