- Thursday, September 18th, NESCom will present a performance lecture by D.V.S*. Students and the general public are welcomed to attend.
NESCom To Present Performance Lecture With D.V.S. – New England School of Communications
On Thursday, September 18th, Husson University’s New England School of Communications will present a performance lecture with Audio Engineer, Producer, DJ and Guitarist D.V.S. “The Modern Producer/DJ; a look at live performance, composition techniques and integration of hardware and software” will e…
- Senior Taylor Pond Evans showing her #NESComPride all the way in Seoul, South Korea.
- It's always exciting to see NESCom student work competing nationally!
89.3fm WHSN Bangor's 2013 Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Mystery & Imagination is a finalist in the CBI National Student Production Awards in the Special Broadcast category.
National Student Production Awards Finalists - National Student Electronic Media Convention
Congratulations to the following finalists in the CBI 2014 National Student Production awards! More finalists will be announced on this page every weekday through Aug. 29, so check back. Winners will be announced in Seattle at the 2014 National Student Electronic Media Convention. Announced August 2…
- Comedy Central has named '10 grad Ray Harrington as a "Comic To Watch" and have included him in a comedy showcase in Mass next week!
Find out more about Ray at http://www.rayharringtoncomedy.com/
Comedy Central's Comics to Watch - Johnny D's Uptown
“Comics to Watch” is a live stand-up showcase featuring the very best new talent from across the country, hand selected by Comedy Central and the festival producers. This show was created to launch the careers of the next generation of comedians by putting them in front of industry executives and co…
- Congratulations to NESCom Live Sound Technology grad Andrew King ('13) who worked his first NFL game last night (Broncos vs. Texans). He was the Audio Assistant, setting up the broadcast booth for the announcers, statisticians and intercom.
- Husson University Director of Financial Aid Nicole Vachon offers up tips on paying off student loans in this blog post from nerdscholar
How to Pay Off Student Loan Debt on Time | NerdScholar
College is one of the largest personal investments a student can make. NerdScholar is here to help!
- NESCom Live Sound Technology has added a new monitor package to their stable of gear.
NESCom Live Sound Technology
Check out our new Live Sound Monitor Package.Six JBL VRX915M Biamped monitorsTwo racks of Crown XTi 4002 and 4000 amps.Each amp rack with Motion Labs 30A twist and Tripp Lite power distros
- Whether you're a NESCom Audio Engineering student, a NESCom Live Sound Technology student, or just a fan of music in general, there seems to be something for everyone in the Foo Fighters Sonic Highways trailer.
Foo Fighters Sonic Highways: Trailer (HBO)
The HBO Original Series, Foo Fighters Sonic Highways premieres Friday, October 17 at 11PM, only on HBO. ...
- Best of luck to Heather Littlefield!
NESCom student to drive in rally race
BANGOR — Heather Littlefield, 32, of Bangor is getting ready to compete in a rally race in Harrisville, New York, Sept. 20-21. Littlefield said she has been a rally motorsports enthusiast since 2005 when she discovered the sport on YouTube. After volunteering for seven rally events on the east coas…
List of local accommodations
The New England School of Communications is located in Bangor, Maine’s third largest city. Bangor lies at the center of Maine’s higher education core. In addition to NESCom, other colleges and universities within a 50 mile radius include Husson University, the University of Maine, Maine Maritime Academy, College of the Atlantic, Unity College, Beal College, Eastern Maine Community College, Thomas College, and Colby College. For more information about Bangor link to the following websites:
Helpful Websites about Bangor, Maine
- Bangor, Maine - Official Site
- Bangor Area Transportation (BAT) - public transportation
- Downtown Bangor
- Bangor Chamber of Commerce
- Bangor Daily News
- Map of Bangor
- Bangor Weather
- Bangor Airport
- WLBZ Television Station
- Bangor Public Library
Following are some of the community and religious resources you will find in Bangor, Maine.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center 973-7000
- St. Joseph's Hospital 947-8311
- Maine Assoc. of Handicapped Persons 942-8882
- Poison Control Center - Northern New England 1-800-222-1222
- Alcoholics Anonymous 941-8326
- Bangor District Court
- Emergency 911
- Rape Crisis Center 989-5679
- Spruce Run 947-0496
- Community Health & Counseling 947-0366
- Gay Crisis Hotline 1-800-221-7044
- Beth Abraham Synagogue, 945-3433, 145 York Street, Bangor
- Columbia Street Baptist Church, 945-6616, 63 Columbia Street, Bangor
- First Church of Christ Scientist, 947-7421, 118 Harlow Street, Bangor
- East Orrington Congregational Church, 825-3404, 38 Johnson Mill Road, Orrington
- Latter Day Saints, 942-7677, 639 Grandview Avenue, Bangor
- All Souls Congregational, 942-7354, 10 Broadway, Bangor
- Abundant Life Pentecostal Church, 945-5577, 263 Texas Avenue, Bangor
- Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian, 942-8054, 375 Mt. Hope Avenue, Bangor
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 945-9588, 90 Sanford Street, Bangor
- Seventh Day Adventist, 848-2331, Route 2, Hermon
- First United Methodist Church, 945-9567, 703 Essex Street, Bangor
- St. Mary's Catholic Church, 945-5018, 754 Ohio Street, Bangor
- Unitarian Universalist Church, 947-7009, 120 Park Street, Bangor
- St. John's Episcopal Church, 947-0156, 234 French Street, Bangor
This is only a sample listing. For more information, stop by the Chaplain's Office in Room 206 Peabody Hall.