- Congratulations to all the students involved with these 89.3fm WHSN Bangor productions for their recognition at the 2014 Maine Association of Broadcasters awards!
And an additional congratulations to all the NESCom alumni who were also recognized for their great work!
Congratulations to Jesse Larkin ('14) and Ethan Roebuck, who created the In One Ear "Talents" promo and to all the students involved in the 2013 Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Mystery and Imagination. Both pieces received awards at the 2014 Maine Association of Broadcasters News & Creative Awards this weekend!
- Runner at this morning's the Color Run Bangor with a GoPro strapped to their head? #gottabeanescomstudent
- WABI TV5 reports on the new location for The Nite Show and interviews students and Dean Thom Johnston on the experience it brings NESCom students.
“Nite Show” Debuts New Set - Maine's News, Sports, And Weather Leader - WABI TV5
The Nite Show with Danny Cashman has a new home. Maine’s only late night talk show taped their season premiere Wednesday, inside the Gracie Theater at Husson University. As host Danny Cashman told us, the new digs mean big changes for the show. “The set has elements to it that are things you’ll see…
- Well done NESCom Entertainment Production!
@[228163777239721:274:NESCom] Entertainment Production (EP) had a huge hand in tonights first taping of The Nite Show with Danny Cashman in the @[249759131709324:274:Gracie Theatre] at @[123365091054066:274:Husson University]. EP was responsible for the set, lights, stage management and more.
- Students and staff are getting ready for tonight's first taping of The Nite Show in their new home at the Gracie Theatre on the campus of Husson University!
- This evening in the Gracie Theatre's Black Box Theatre, students are invited to audition for the 2014 Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Mystery and Imagination, 89.3 FM WHSN Bangor's award-winning radio drama.
- 89.3fm WHSN Bangor and Mu Sigma Chi encourage you to give the give of life at their fall American Red Cross blood drive today from 11-4 in the Furman Center at Husson University.
- NESCom Journalism and Sports Journalism students are encouraged to attend the Fall 2014 Journalism meeting tonight at 7PM at the Center for Family Business.
- The November 1st open house at Husson University will include the New England School of Communications. To see what NESCom is all about, talk with students and faculty, and tour the campus/studios, sign up today!
Register online to attend one of Husson University's fall and spring open house events!
List of local accommodations
The New England School of Communications is located in Bangor, Maine’s third largest city. Bangor lies at the center of Maine’s higher education core. In addition to NESCom, other colleges and universities within a 50 mile radius include Husson University, the University of Maine, Maine Maritime Academy, College of the Atlantic, Unity College, Beal College, Eastern Maine Community College, Thomas College, and Colby College. For more information about Bangor link to the following websites:
Helpful Websites about Bangor, Maine
- Bangor, Maine - Official Site
- Bangor Area Transportation (BAT) - public transportation
- Downtown Bangor
- Bangor Chamber of Commerce
- Bangor Daily News
- Map of Bangor
- Bangor Weather
- Bangor Airport
- WLBZ Television Station
- Bangor Public Library
Following are some of the community and religious resources you will find in Bangor, Maine.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center 973-7000
- St. Joseph's Hospital 947-8311
- Maine Assoc. of Handicapped Persons 942-8882
- Poison Control Center - Northern New England 1-800-222-1222
- Alcoholics Anonymous 941-8326
- Bangor District Court
- Emergency 911
- Rape Crisis Center 989-5679
- Spruce Run 947-0496
- Community Health & Counseling 947-0366
- Gay Crisis Hotline 1-800-221-7044
- Beth Abraham Synagogue, 945-3433, 145 York Street, Bangor
- Columbia Street Baptist Church, 945-6616, 63 Columbia Street, Bangor
- First Church of Christ Scientist, 947-7421, 118 Harlow Street, Bangor
- East Orrington Congregational Church, 825-3404, 38 Johnson Mill Road, Orrington
- Latter Day Saints, 942-7677, 639 Grandview Avenue, Bangor
- All Souls Congregational, 942-7354, 10 Broadway, Bangor
- Abundant Life Pentecostal Church, 945-5577, 263 Texas Avenue, Bangor
- Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian, 942-8054, 375 Mt. Hope Avenue, Bangor
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 945-9588, 90 Sanford Street, Bangor
- Seventh Day Adventist, 848-2331, Route 2, Hermon
- First United Methodist Church, 945-9567, 703 Essex Street, Bangor
- St. Mary's Catholic Church, 945-5018, 754 Ohio Street, Bangor
- Unitarian Universalist Church, 947-7009, 120 Park Street, Bangor
- St. John's Episcopal Church, 947-0156, 234 French Street, Bangor
This is only a sample listing. For more information, stop by the Chaplain's Office in Room 206 Peabody Hall.