- You never know who you'll run into!
- 2014 alum Jake Newcomb working as A1 Head Audio Engineer for The Lost Colony at the Waterside Theater. The show, which at 80 years is the longest running outdoor symphonic drama, runs a surround sound theater system on the beach of the outer banks, Roanoke island.
- Congratulations to 2013 grad Kristin Spellman on being included in KTUL - Tulsa's Channel 8's Heartland EMMY Chapter nomination.
- Tuesday, May 16th NESCom welcomed students from 10 high schools throughout Maine and New Hampshire for a day of workshop sessions and a taping of The Nite Show, which was produced by the students working in Live Sound, Video Production, & Entertainment Production.
- Tomorrow, we'll welcome students from 10 high schools throughout Maine and New Hampshire for NESCom Alive 2017, a day of workshops that culminate with the producing of a special "High School" edition of The Nite Show.
- 2008 alum Josh Mason is hard at work at SeaWorld in Orlando as a hardware tech on the first Orlando-area virtual reality roller coaster. He's building the onride computers that will run the virtual reality component on the newly updated Kraken ride. #socool
- Our founder, George Wildey will receive an honorary doctorate at today's Husson University 2017 commencement. Here is is with NESCom Dean Marie Hansen and Husson President Robert Clark.
List of local accommodations
The New England School of Communications is located in Bangor, Maine’s third largest city. Bangor lies at the center of Maine’s higher education core. In addition to NESCom, other colleges and universities within a 50 mile radius include Husson University, the University of Maine, Maine Maritime Academy, College of the Atlantic, Unity College, Beal College, Eastern Maine Community College, Thomas College, and Colby College. For more information about Bangor link to the following websites:
Helpful Websites about Bangor, Maine
- Bangor, Maine - Official Site
- Bangor Area Transportation (BAT) - public transportation
- Downtown Bangor
- Bangor Chamber of Commerce
- Bangor Daily News
- Map of Bangor
- Bangor Weather
- Bangor Airport
- WLBZ Television Station
- Bangor Public Library
Following are some of the community and religious resources you will find in Bangor, Maine.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center 973-7000
- St. Joseph's Hospital 947-8311
- Maine Assoc. of Handicapped Persons 942-8882
- Poison Control Center - Northern New England 1-800-222-1222
- Alcoholics Anonymous 941-8326
- Bangor District Court
- Emergency 911
- Rape Crisis Center 989-5679
- Spruce Run 947-0496
- Community Health & Counseling 947-0366
- Gay Crisis Hotline 1-800-221-7044
- Beth Abraham Synagogue, 945-3433, 145 York Street, Bangor
- Columbia Street Baptist Church, 945-6616, 63 Columbia Street, Bangor
- First Church of Christ Scientist, 947-7421, 118 Harlow Street, Bangor
- East Orrington Congregational Church, 825-3404, 38 Johnson Mill Road, Orrington
- Latter Day Saints, 942-7677, 639 Grandview Avenue, Bangor
- All Souls Congregational, 942-7354, 10 Broadway, Bangor
- Abundant Life Pentecostal Church, 945-5577, 263 Texas Avenue, Bangor
- Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian, 942-8054, 375 Mt. Hope Avenue, Bangor
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 945-9588, 90 Sanford Street, Bangor
- Seventh Day Adventist, 848-2331, Route 2, Hermon
- First United Methodist Church, 945-9567, 703 Essex Street, Bangor
- St. Mary's Catholic Church, 945-5018, 754 Ohio Street, Bangor
- Unitarian Universalist Church, 947-7009, 120 Park Street, Bangor
- St. John's Episcopal Church, 947-0156, 234 French Street, Bangor
This is only a sample listing. For more information, stop by the Chaplain's Office in Room 206 Peabody Hall.