- Don't miss the auditions for the Endless Ends, the next short film from NESCom. This afternoon from 4 to 6 and tomorrow (Saturday) from 10 to 2.
The Endless Ends - Production Site
The New England School of Communications at Husson University nescom.husson.edu is pleased to announce the commencement of pre-production of their new short film entitled, The Endless Ends. The film is an original “end of the world” drama with themes of young rebellion, midlife regret and impending death.
- The new album from U2, Songs of Innocence is out today for free on iTunes at http://smarturl.it/NewU2Album
The album includes many tracks that were assisted by 2012 NESCom Audio Engineering grad "Classy" Joe Visciano. Classy Joe, classy indeed!
- Tonight in the Audio Studio at the Wildey Communications Center.
Students are invited to a seminar by Audio Engineering Assistant Professor Wells Gordon on Musicianship for the Audio Engineer on Monday at 6pm in the NESCom Studio (tracking room) in the WCC.
- Be A Man, a movie by alum Ray Harrington has launched a Kickstarter for the film. Watch the trailer and learn more below.
Be A Man (a documentary feature film in post-production)
BE A MAN follows comedian, Ray Harrington on his journey to learn what it means to be a Man before the birth of his son.
- Congratulations to the students involved with 89.3fm WHSN Bangor's Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Mystery and Imagination. The 2013 installment is a finalist in the Best Radio Talk/Entertainment Program category of the College Media Advisers Pinnacle awards.
Broadcast Finalists: 2013-14 Pinnacle Awards
Over the next week, CMA will announce Pinnacle Award finalists, beginning with individual work (in advertising, broadcast, design, online, photo, sports and writing categories) and leading up to organizational Pinnacles: the best newspapers, stations, magazines, websites and yearbooks of 2013-14.
- WABI TV5 reports on the upcoming auditions for the Endless Ends, the next NESCom short film.
Casting Call, Are You Ready to Be a Star? - Maine's News, Sports, And Weather Leader - WABI TV5
Do you have what it takes to make it to the big screen? Students at the New England School of Communications in Bangor are holding an open casting call for their upcoming short film “The Endless Ends.” They’re looking for people in the community to fill several roles. Students will get first hand ex…
- You can see a few NESCom Live Sound Technology students as well as a few grads in the time-lapse video in this story.
From rigging to rocking: A behind-the-scenes look at how the Waterfront Concerts make the magic...
Robbie Snow, production manager for Waterfront Concerts, has seen a lot in his five seasons working with the organization, including Rob Zombie’s custom-made fog-belching locomotive set piece, used on stage during his 2013 concert at the Mayhem Festival; Lady Antebellum’s crew, backstage grilling bu…
- The student staff of 89.3fm WHSN Bangor and Mu Sigma Chi will hold an American Red Cross blood drive on Monday, September 22nd from 11-4 in the Furman Center at Husson University.
Call 1-800-RED-CROSS or email email@example.com to make an appointment!
List of local accommodations
The New England School of Communications is located in Bangor, Maine’s third largest city. Bangor lies at the center of Maine’s higher education core. In addition to NESCom, other colleges and universities within a 50 mile radius include Husson University, the University of Maine, Maine Maritime Academy, College of the Atlantic, Unity College, Beal College, Eastern Maine Community College, Thomas College, and Colby College. For more information about Bangor link to the following websites:
Helpful Websites about Bangor, Maine
- Bangor, Maine - Official Site
- Bangor Area Transportation (BAT) - public transportation
- Downtown Bangor
- Bangor Chamber of Commerce
- Bangor Daily News
- Map of Bangor
- Bangor Weather
- Bangor Airport
- WLBZ Television Station
- Bangor Public Library
Following are some of the community and religious resources you will find in Bangor, Maine.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center 973-7000
- St. Joseph's Hospital 947-8311
- Maine Assoc. of Handicapped Persons 942-8882
- Poison Control Center - Northern New England 1-800-222-1222
- Alcoholics Anonymous 941-8326
- Bangor District Court
- Emergency 911
- Rape Crisis Center 989-5679
- Spruce Run 947-0496
- Community Health & Counseling 947-0366
- Gay Crisis Hotline 1-800-221-7044
- Beth Abraham Synagogue, 945-3433, 145 York Street, Bangor
- Columbia Street Baptist Church, 945-6616, 63 Columbia Street, Bangor
- First Church of Christ Scientist, 947-7421, 118 Harlow Street, Bangor
- East Orrington Congregational Church, 825-3404, 38 Johnson Mill Road, Orrington
- Latter Day Saints, 942-7677, 639 Grandview Avenue, Bangor
- All Souls Congregational, 942-7354, 10 Broadway, Bangor
- Abundant Life Pentecostal Church, 945-5577, 263 Texas Avenue, Bangor
- Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian, 942-8054, 375 Mt. Hope Avenue, Bangor
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 945-9588, 90 Sanford Street, Bangor
- Seventh Day Adventist, 848-2331, Route 2, Hermon
- First United Methodist Church, 945-9567, 703 Essex Street, Bangor
- St. Mary's Catholic Church, 945-5018, 754 Ohio Street, Bangor
- Unitarian Universalist Church, 947-7009, 120 Park Street, Bangor
- St. John's Episcopal Church, 947-0156, 234 French Street, Bangor
This is only a sample listing. For more information, stop by the Chaplain's Office in Room 206 Peabody Hall.