- NESCom Radio Broadcasting alum Stan Bennett with Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks tonight at the TD Garden in Boston
- The documentary film Imber's Left Hand will be shown at the Gracie Theatre next Tuesday night at 7pm. The screening is free for all students and there is a suggested donation of $5 for non-students.
- It's the first day of classes for the spring semester. Let's go!
- With less than one week until the start of the spring semester, we want to know: y'all ready for this?
"Get Ready (Steve Aoki Remix)" OFFICIAL AUDIO - 2 Unlimited
Vote Aoki for DJ Mag Top 100: http://bit.ly/AokiTop100 Preorder Steve Aoki's "Neon Future I" album on iTunes and receive "Free The Madness", "Delirious (Bone...
- We all know how bitterly cold it is today but think spring, think warmer days and think about attending our Open House on April 11th.
See the studios and facilities, tour campus and talk with students and faculty to see what the New England School of Communications at Husson University is all about!
Register to attend a Husson University Open House
Register online to attend one of Husson University's fall and spring open house events!
- Former NESCom Video Production students Greg Scott Cody and Lucas Stewart working last night's 26th Annual TicketCity Cactus Bowl at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona. The game had Oklahoma State beating University of Washington 30-22.
- Happy New Year!
- Merry Christmas from the NESCom faculty and staff to all our students and alumni!
- NESCom Entertainment Production sharing some of the work from the EP 122 Event Design course.
Event Design Fall 2014
In the course EP 122 students learn the basics of scenic elements from equipment to design. The final project focuses on designing a set. Below are some of the final white models. Pretty impressive, especially for only spending a few weeks on this final segment. Thanks for the lively class everyone!
List of local accommodations
The New England School of Communications is located in Bangor, Maine’s third largest city. Bangor lies at the center of Maine’s higher education core. In addition to NESCom, other colleges and universities within a 50 mile radius include Husson University, the University of Maine, Maine Maritime Academy, College of the Atlantic, Unity College, Beal College, Eastern Maine Community College, Thomas College, and Colby College. For more information about Bangor link to the following websites:
Helpful Websites about Bangor, Maine
- Bangor, Maine - Official Site
- Bangor Area Transportation (BAT) - public transportation
- Downtown Bangor
- Bangor Chamber of Commerce
- Bangor Daily News
- Map of Bangor
- Bangor Weather
- Bangor Airport
- WLBZ Television Station
- Bangor Public Library
Following are some of the community and religious resources you will find in Bangor, Maine.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center 973-7000
- St. Joseph's Hospital 947-8311
- Maine Assoc. of Handicapped Persons 942-8882
- Poison Control Center - Northern New England 1-800-222-1222
- Alcoholics Anonymous 941-8326
- Bangor District Court
- Emergency 911
- Rape Crisis Center 989-5679
- Spruce Run 947-0496
- Community Health & Counseling 947-0366
- Gay Crisis Hotline 1-800-221-7044
- Beth Abraham Synagogue, 945-3433, 145 York Street, Bangor
- Columbia Street Baptist Church, 945-6616, 63 Columbia Street, Bangor
- First Church of Christ Scientist, 947-7421, 118 Harlow Street, Bangor
- East Orrington Congregational Church, 825-3404, 38 Johnson Mill Road, Orrington
- Latter Day Saints, 942-7677, 639 Grandview Avenue, Bangor
- All Souls Congregational, 942-7354, 10 Broadway, Bangor
- Abundant Life Pentecostal Church, 945-5577, 263 Texas Avenue, Bangor
- Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian, 942-8054, 375 Mt. Hope Avenue, Bangor
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 945-9588, 90 Sanford Street, Bangor
- Seventh Day Adventist, 848-2331, Route 2, Hermon
- First United Methodist Church, 945-9567, 703 Essex Street, Bangor
- St. Mary's Catholic Church, 945-5018, 754 Ohio Street, Bangor
- Unitarian Universalist Church, 947-7009, 120 Park Street, Bangor
- St. John's Episcopal Church, 947-0156, 234 French Street, Bangor
This is only a sample listing. For more information, stop by the Chaplain's Office in Room 206 Peabody Hall.