- An interesting piece from NPR All Things Considered that could be of interest to Audio Engineering, Marketing Communications and Radio Broadcasting students.
From Sizzling Fajitas, To The Super Bowl, How Sounds Help Sell
Joel Beckerman is a composer who specializes in sonic branding. His new book is called The Sonic Boom: How Sound Transforms the Way We Think, Feel, and Buy.
- Congrats to the students of NESCom Entertainment Production!
EP STUDENTS TECH A B'WAY POPS CONCERT AT THE GRACIE The NYC cast of OH WHAT A NIGHT, Ryan, Ed, Jesse & Kevin were all most grateful for the professionalism and gracious event hospitality. They were especially impressed by the tech, and were thrilled by the lighting! They loved the cueing, the looks, the SPOTS!!!!!! Ryan was especially pleased with the timing and placement of the cues, moving from one song to the next. So... Congrats to the EP Crew!!!!!!
- On Monday, 8 students from NESCom Live Sound Technology set sail out of Miami for 6 days working on the Welcome to Jamrock Reggae Cruise.
NESCom Blog: Live Sound Technology Students to Work Jamaica Reggae Cruise
- Husson GAMERS will participate in Extra Life, a 24hr gaming marathon on October 25th to benefit Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. Check out their event page to learn how you can help!
HAPPY FINANCIAL AID DAY!!!! Stop by from 11 am to 2 pm today only to have some sweet treats! PS gluten free donuts and vegan cookies are available! — with Nikki Vachon and 4 others.
- NESCom Entertainment Production now offers backstage tours of The Nite Show for high school students, their families, and their teachers
Entertainment Production to Give Backstage Tours of the Nite Show – New England School of...
- Each year at the end of October, 89.3fm WHSN Bangor and the students of NESCom present their award-winning radio dramas based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe. Don't miss the 2014 edition coming up on October 30th at the Gracie Theatre.
Listen to it live on www.whsn-fm.com or see it live as a member of the theatre audience!
Our award winning old-time radio drama is coming back on October 30th at the @[249759131709324:274:Gracie Theatre]. Period costume, live sound effects, live voice actors, all to celebrate the works of Edgar Allan Poe!
- Join SALT today, October 9th, from 12:00-2:00 in the Campus Center. Play games and earn cool prizes while learning about awesome ways to budget for college and beyond!
- Interested in attending a taping of The Nite Show in their new home at the Gracie Theatre? Sign up for free tickets here.
In addition to seeing the taping, you'll see the hard work of NESCom students first hand in their production of the show.
The Nite Show : late night : talk show: bangor : portland : me
Host Dan Cashman will be joined by announcer Joe Kennedy, known to sports fans as the voice of the University of Maine Black Bear hockey team. The show will also feature a fresh new house band, the Jump City Jazz Band.
List of local accommodations
The New England School of Communications is located in Bangor, Maine’s third largest city. Bangor lies at the center of Maine’s higher education core. In addition to NESCom, other colleges and universities within a 50 mile radius include Husson University, the University of Maine, Maine Maritime Academy, College of the Atlantic, Unity College, Beal College, Eastern Maine Community College, Thomas College, and Colby College. For more information about Bangor link to the following websites:
Helpful Websites about Bangor, Maine
- Bangor, Maine - Official Site
- Bangor Area Transportation (BAT) - public transportation
- Downtown Bangor
- Bangor Chamber of Commerce
- Bangor Daily News
- Map of Bangor
- Bangor Weather
- Bangor Airport
- WLBZ Television Station
- Bangor Public Library
Following are some of the community and religious resources you will find in Bangor, Maine.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center 973-7000
- St. Joseph's Hospital 947-8311
- Maine Assoc. of Handicapped Persons 942-8882
- Poison Control Center - Northern New England 1-800-222-1222
- Alcoholics Anonymous 941-8326
- Bangor District Court
- Emergency 911
- Rape Crisis Center 989-5679
- Spruce Run 947-0496
- Community Health & Counseling 947-0366
- Gay Crisis Hotline 1-800-221-7044
- Beth Abraham Synagogue, 945-3433, 145 York Street, Bangor
- Columbia Street Baptist Church, 945-6616, 63 Columbia Street, Bangor
- First Church of Christ Scientist, 947-7421, 118 Harlow Street, Bangor
- East Orrington Congregational Church, 825-3404, 38 Johnson Mill Road, Orrington
- Latter Day Saints, 942-7677, 639 Grandview Avenue, Bangor
- All Souls Congregational, 942-7354, 10 Broadway, Bangor
- Abundant Life Pentecostal Church, 945-5577, 263 Texas Avenue, Bangor
- Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian, 942-8054, 375 Mt. Hope Avenue, Bangor
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 945-9588, 90 Sanford Street, Bangor
- Seventh Day Adventist, 848-2331, Route 2, Hermon
- First United Methodist Church, 945-9567, 703 Essex Street, Bangor
- St. Mary's Catholic Church, 945-5018, 754 Ohio Street, Bangor
- Unitarian Universalist Church, 947-7009, 120 Park Street, Bangor
- St. John's Episcopal Church, 947-0156, 234 French Street, Bangor
This is only a sample listing. For more information, stop by the Chaplain's Office in Room 206 Peabody Hall.