- 89.3fm WHSN Bangor's Edgar Allan Poe's Tale of Mystery and Imagination is tonight starting at 7:30 live from the Gracie Theatre. Listen live at whsn-fm.com or join the fun in the live audience at the Gracie. Admission is free!
The annual award-winning annual radio drama was mentioned today on radioworld.com!
Radio World: Live Poe for Halloween!
Radio World Husson University performs “The Murders in the Rue Morgue” on WHSN radio
- The music industry film series continues November 4th at 7pm with Muscle Shoals in Kominsky Auditorium.
- Students of the New England School of Communications at Husson University are working on the next NESCom short film, the Endless Ends. For information on the film and production, visit http://theendlessends.com/
The Endless Ends - Behind The Scenes
Students of the New England School of Communications at Husson University are working on the next NESCom short film, the Endless Ends. For information on the film and production, visit http://theendlessends.com
- Tonight at 8, The Hub returns to 89.3fm WHSN Bangor. Students from NESCom Radio Broadcasting and NESCom Journalism produce the show along with the Husson University Counseling Center.
Wednesday night at 8 the Hub returns to WHSN. It's our program to promote mental & physical health that we air in partnership with the @[123365091054066:274:Husson University] Counseling Center.
- Husson GAMERS started their Extra Life 24 hour gaming marathon this morning at 8AM in Furman Center. Stop by to learn how it's all to benefit Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and help the cause!
Photos of NESCom Marketing Communications
Members of @[167935269966190:274:PRSSA Husson/Nescom] and other Marketing Communications students attended the @[172307139929:274:Maine Public Relations Council]'s annual meeting today in Portland. Lots of great tips and networking!
- Register today for our open house coming up on Saturday, November 1st!
Register online to attend one of Husson University's fall and spring open house events!
- An interesting piece from NPR All Things Considered that could be of interest to Audio Engineering, Marketing Communications and Radio Broadcasting students.
From Sizzling Fajitas, To The Super Bowl, How Sounds Help Sell
Joel Beckerman is a composer who specializes in sonic branding. His new book is called The Sonic Boom: How Sound Transforms the Way We Think, Feel, and Buy.
- Congrats to the students of NESCom Entertainment Production!
EP STUDENTS TECH A B'WAY POPS CONCERT AT THE GRACIE The NYC cast of OH WHAT A NIGHT, Ryan, Ed, Jesse & Kevin were all most grateful for the professionalism and gracious event hospitality. They were especially impressed by the tech, and were thrilled by the lighting! They loved the cueing, the looks, the SPOTS!!!!!! Ryan was especially pleased with the timing and placement of the cues, moving from one song to the next. So... Congrats to the EP Crew!!!!!!
List of local accommodations
The New England School of Communications is located in Bangor, Maine’s third largest city. Bangor lies at the center of Maine’s higher education core. In addition to NESCom, other colleges and universities within a 50 mile radius include Husson University, the University of Maine, Maine Maritime Academy, College of the Atlantic, Unity College, Beal College, Eastern Maine Community College, Thomas College, and Colby College. For more information about Bangor link to the following websites:
Helpful Websites about Bangor, Maine
- Bangor, Maine - Official Site
- Bangor Area Transportation (BAT) - public transportation
- Downtown Bangor
- Bangor Chamber of Commerce
- Bangor Daily News
- Map of Bangor
- Bangor Weather
- Bangor Airport
- WLBZ Television Station
- Bangor Public Library
Following are some of the community and religious resources you will find in Bangor, Maine.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center 973-7000
- St. Joseph's Hospital 947-8311
- Maine Assoc. of Handicapped Persons 942-8882
- Poison Control Center - Northern New England 1-800-222-1222
- Alcoholics Anonymous 941-8326
- Bangor District Court
- Emergency 911
- Rape Crisis Center 989-5679
- Spruce Run 947-0496
- Community Health & Counseling 947-0366
- Gay Crisis Hotline 1-800-221-7044
- Beth Abraham Synagogue, 945-3433, 145 York Street, Bangor
- Columbia Street Baptist Church, 945-6616, 63 Columbia Street, Bangor
- First Church of Christ Scientist, 947-7421, 118 Harlow Street, Bangor
- East Orrington Congregational Church, 825-3404, 38 Johnson Mill Road, Orrington
- Latter Day Saints, 942-7677, 639 Grandview Avenue, Bangor
- All Souls Congregational, 942-7354, 10 Broadway, Bangor
- Abundant Life Pentecostal Church, 945-5577, 263 Texas Avenue, Bangor
- Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian, 942-8054, 375 Mt. Hope Avenue, Bangor
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 945-9588, 90 Sanford Street, Bangor
- Seventh Day Adventist, 848-2331, Route 2, Hermon
- First United Methodist Church, 945-9567, 703 Essex Street, Bangor
- St. Mary's Catholic Church, 945-5018, 754 Ohio Street, Bangor
- Unitarian Universalist Church, 947-7009, 120 Park Street, Bangor
- St. John's Episcopal Church, 947-0156, 234 French Street, Bangor
This is only a sample listing. For more information, stop by the Chaplain's Office in Room 206 Peabody Hall.