- New for labs WCC105 & WCC109: all new Mac Pro "cylinders" with Thunderbolt displays.
- Want to visit NESCom but haven't been able to join us for an open house? Sign up for the upcoming Discover Husson day on August 1st!
Schedule a Visit
Schedule a time convenient for you to visit our campus in Bangor, Maine.
- Signs of summer at NESCom: stacks of new computers for the new WCC 306 lab.
- Students: Be sure to check your husson.edu email address to see if important info has been requested.
- Before he was Public Information Officer for the Bangor Maine Police Department and featured on NPR's Morning Edition this morning, Tim Cotton was a member of our first graduating class in 1983.
Hear Tim's feature on NPR Morning Edition: http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=328373967&m=328373968
- Yesterday at the Darling's Waterfront Pavilion, 2013 NESCom Live Sound Technology grad Richard Burke returned to Bangor. Richard works for Clair Global and is out on tour with Boston & Cheap Trick.
- 2014 grad Amber Abbotoni reppin' #NESComPride in Fernando De Noronha, Brazil.
- NESCom Audio Engineering alum Josh Wilbur is working with yet another well known band.
ALL THAT REMAINS In Pre-Production For New Album With Producer JOSH WILBUR
Massachusetts metallers ALL THAT REMAINS have commenced pre-production on their new album with producer Josh Wilbur, who has previously worked with LAMB OF GOD and GOJIRA. The as-yet-untitled follo...
- Congratulations to NESCom's own Brandon Aull, better known as B.Aull. He's been added as an opener to the Snoop Dogg show at the Portland Expo on July 10th.
List of local accommodations
The New England School of Communications is located in Bangor, Maine’s third largest city. Bangor lies at the center of Maine’s higher education core. In addition to NESCom, other colleges and universities within a 50 mile radius include Husson University, the University of Maine, Maine Maritime Academy, College of the Atlantic, Unity College, Beal College, Eastern Maine Community College, Thomas College, and Colby College. For more information about Bangor link to the following websites:
Helpful Websites about Bangor, Maine
- Bangor, Maine - Official Site
- Bangor Area Transportation (BAT) - public transportation
- Downtown Bangor
- Bangor Chamber of Commerce
- Bangor Daily News
- Map of Bangor
- Bangor Weather
- Bangor Airport
- WLBZ Television Station
- Bangor Public Library
Following are some of the community and religious resources you will find in Bangor, Maine.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center 973-7000
- St. Joseph's Hospital 947-8311
- Maine Assoc. of Handicapped Persons 942-8882
- Poison Control Center - Northern New England 1-800-222-1222
- Alcoholics Anonymous 941-8326
- Bangor District Court
- Emergency 911
- Rape Crisis Center 989-5679
- Spruce Run 947-0496
- Community Health & Counseling 947-0366
- Gay Crisis Hotline 1-800-221-7044
- Beth Abraham Synagogue, 945-3433, 145 York Street, Bangor
- Columbia Street Baptist Church, 945-6616, 63 Columbia Street, Bangor
- First Church of Christ Scientist, 947-7421, 118 Harlow Street, Bangor
- East Orrington Congregational Church, 825-3404, 38 Johnson Mill Road, Orrington
- Latter Day Saints, 942-7677, 639 Grandview Avenue, Bangor
- All Souls Congregational, 942-7354, 10 Broadway, Bangor
- Abundant Life Pentecostal Church, 945-5577, 263 Texas Avenue, Bangor
- Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian, 942-8054, 375 Mt. Hope Avenue, Bangor
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 945-9588, 90 Sanford Street, Bangor
- Seventh Day Adventist, 848-2331, Route 2, Hermon
- First United Methodist Church, 945-9567, 703 Essex Street, Bangor
- St. Mary's Catholic Church, 945-5018, 754 Ohio Street, Bangor
- Unitarian Universalist Church, 947-7009, 120 Park Street, Bangor
- St. John's Episcopal Church, 947-0156, 234 French Street, Bangor
This is only a sample listing. For more information, stop by the Chaplain's Office in Room 206 Peabody Hall.