- New students attending the New England School of Communications at Husson University in the fall are on campus today for New Student Orientation!
Welcome and enjoy the day!
- Space is still available for Maine Media Camp 2015, the NESCom summer experience for high school students August 2nd through the 7th.
Maine Media Camp 2015 - New England School of Communications at Husson University
Maine Media camp is a week long summer program, in August, for high school students interested in exploring the fun and fascinating fields of media and communications.Maine Media Camp is a chance to experience an introduction to the fields of Audio
- Where do graduates of the New England School of Communications at Husson University go? Here's '13 NESCom Live Sound Technology grad Katie Hughes, working for Clair Bros. on tour this summer with HOODIE ALLEN, Wiz Khalifa and Fall Out Boy on the Boys of Zummer tour.
- NESCom Instructor Mark Nason put this together yesterday for fans of both the New England School of Communications and the Netflix show Orange Is The New Black.
NESCom Is The New Black
Made with love the excellent people of NESCom from your very own "Crazy Eyes" Nason. For those that are not familiar with the Orange Is the New Black opening theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBITGyJynfAP.S. I'm sure someone somewhere is regretting that I have access to all the NESCom photos.
- It's a beautiful day isn't it? Let's go to the lake!
For the last taping of The Nite Show before the summer break, NESCom students and staff took the show on the road to tape live at Gould's Landing on Pushaw Lake.
The episodes taped today will air on July 4th & 17th on WABI TV5 in Bangor, WAGM-TV in Presque Isle and WPFO FOX23 in Portland.
The Nite Show taping live from Pushaw Lake
It's a beautiful day isn't it? Let's go to the lake! For the last taping of @[157246360966627:274:The Nite Show] before the summer break, NESCom students and staff took the show on the road to tape live at Gould's Landing on Pushaw Lake. The episodes taped today will air on July 4th & 17th on @[149507907783:274:WABI TV5] in Bangor, @[140457975077:274:WAGM-TV] in Presque Isle and @[66812222694:274:WPFO FOX23] in Portland.
- It's always interesting to see and hear how changing your environment will change your sound.
They Called Me Legion Recording Session
Want to change the sound of your recording? Why not change rooms?Last night Eric Ferguson worked with they called me Legion and they recorded in the NESCom Video Production studio.Photos by Justin Foster
- Out with the old, in with the new. Over the next few weeks, Lab WCC102 will be completely updated with new 3.1GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 iMacs
- Get to know an incoming NESCom Entertainment Production student.
Class of 2015: Scarborough senior prefers working behind the scenes
SCARBOROUGH — Most students' extracurricular activities involve a sport, or musical group. Eric Lehmann prefers a different activity. Lehmann, a 17-year-old senior at Scarborough High School, first discovered his "niche" of setting up for school productions and events whe...
- NESCom alum Ray Harrington will bring his new documentary Be A Man to Bangor on June 28th for a special advance screening. We caught up with Ray to talk about the film and why he is excited to show it in Bangor.
NESCom Blog: 2010 Alum Ray Harrington To Screen Documentary “Be A Man” in Bangor
Two years ago, 2010 NESCom alum Ray Harrington, had an idea. Now all those months later, the finished product will be shown in Bangor as an advanced screening. Be A Man, a new documentary by Harrington has been a labor of love for the comedian, husband and father. We caught up with Ray after the fil…
List of local accommodations
The New England School of Communications is located in Bangor, Maineâ€™s third largest city. Bangor lies at the center of Maineâ€™s higher education core. In addition to NESCom, other colleges and universities within a 50 mile radius include Husson University, the University of Maine, Maine Maritime Academy, College of the Atlantic, Unity College, Beal College, Eastern Maine Community College, Thomas College, and Colby College. For more information about Bangor link to the following websites:
Helpful Websites about Bangor, Maine
- Bangor, Maine - Official Site
- Bangor Area Transportation (BAT) - public transportation
- Downtown Bangor
- Bangor Chamber of Commerce
- Bangor Daily News
- Map of Bangor
- Bangor Weather
- Bangor Airport
- WLBZ Television Station
- Bangor Public Library
Following are some of the community and religious resources you will find in Bangor, Maine.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center 973-7000
- St. Joseph's Hospital 947-8311
- Maine Assoc. of Handicapped Persons 942-8882
- Poison Control Center - Northern New England 1-800-222-1222
- Alcoholics Anonymous 941-8326
- Bangor District Court
- Emergency 911
- Rape Crisis Center 989-5679
- Spruce Run 947-0496
- Community Health & Counseling 947-0366
- Gay Crisis Hotline 1-800-221-7044
- Beth Abraham Synagogue, 945-3433, 145 York Street, Bangor
- Columbia Street Baptist Church, 945-6616, 63 Columbia Street, Bangor
- First Church of Christ Scientist, 947-7421, 118 Harlow Street, Bangor
- East Orrington Congregational Church, 825-3404, 38 Johnson Mill Road, Orrington
- Latter Day Saints, 942-7677, 639 Grandview Avenue, Bangor
- All Souls Congregational, 942-7354, 10 Broadway, Bangor
- Abundant Life Pentecostal Church, 945-5577, 263 Texas Avenue, Bangor
- Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian, 942-8054, 375 Mt. Hope Avenue, Bangor
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 945-9588, 90 Sanford Street, Bangor
- Seventh Day Adventist, 848-2331, Route 2, Hermon
- First United Methodist Church, 945-9567, 703 Essex Street, Bangor
- St. Mary's Catholic Church, 945-5018, 754 Ohio Street, Bangor
- Unitarian Universalist Church, 947-7009, 120 Park Street, Bangor
- St. John's Episcopal Church, 947-0156, 234 French Street, Bangor
This is only a sample listing. For more information, stop by the Chaplain's Office in Room 206 Peabody Hall.