- Students: You made it! Enjoy your break!
- NESCom Blog: Northern Faces records at NESCom for 89.3fm WHSN Bangor.
Equal Vision recording artists Northern Faces visited the studios of WHSN 89.3 FM last week to promote their first full-length album, set for release in early 2015. The interview and performance for WHSN was recorded in the audio engineering studio of the New England School of Communications by the…
- As the sun sets, we wish our Jewish students, alumni, faculty and staff a happy Hanukkah.
A group of Husson volunteers made their way to Augusta this past weekend to participate in the 15th Annual Maine State First LEGO League Robotics Championship of 2014. Thank you to all the volunteers for your time and dedication to this project!
- Don't miss today's open studio event at Hart Studio. It's your chance to see all the great work done by your fellow students!
- Are you ready for finals?
18 Crazy Things People Have Done To Avoid Studying For Finals
It's not crazy. It's procrastination.
- Tonight Animal Planet runs a marathon of Yankee Jungle which includes work from Associate Producer (and 2012 NESCom Video Production grad) Cory Landrock.
It's going to be a very Yankee weekend! Catch the YANKEE JUNGLE marathon this SATURDAY, starting at 8P. An ALL NEW EPISODE airs at 9P, with encore episodes at 8P, 10P, 11P and 12A. Only on Animal Planet. Photo Credit: Ken Lamb
- For NESCom students, applying what you've learned in the classroom is an everyday occurrence.
Live sound students working tonight's show by @[17438466558:274:Sully Erna] of @[65461877454:274:Godsmack] at the @[249759131709324:274:Gracie Theatre].
- Monday, from 1 to 6:30pm you are invited to a Fine Arts exhibit in Hart Studio (formerly Hart Basement). The showcase includes work from the Drawing, Painting, Pastels, Photography and Graphic Design courses. You view the work and even participate in the Community Art Piece: The Lost Bird Project.
In addition to the works displayed, lighting for the exhibit will be provided by the NESCom Advances Lighting class. Admission is free and all are welcome! Refreshments will be served from 4:30 to 6:30.
List of local accommodations
The New England School of Communications is located in Bangor, Maine’s third largest city. Bangor lies at the center of Maine’s higher education core. In addition to NESCom, other colleges and universities within a 50 mile radius include Husson University, the University of Maine, Maine Maritime Academy, College of the Atlantic, Unity College, Beal College, Eastern Maine Community College, Thomas College, and Colby College. For more information about Bangor link to the following websites:
Helpful Websites about Bangor, Maine
- Bangor, Maine - Official Site
- Bangor Area Transportation (BAT) - public transportation
- Downtown Bangor
- Bangor Chamber of Commerce
- Bangor Daily News
- Map of Bangor
- Bangor Weather
- Bangor Airport
- WLBZ Television Station
- Bangor Public Library
Following are some of the community and religious resources you will find in Bangor, Maine.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center 973-7000
- St. Joseph's Hospital 947-8311
- Maine Assoc. of Handicapped Persons 942-8882
- Poison Control Center - Northern New England 1-800-222-1222
- Alcoholics Anonymous 941-8326
- Bangor District Court
- Emergency 911
- Rape Crisis Center 989-5679
- Spruce Run 947-0496
- Community Health & Counseling 947-0366
- Gay Crisis Hotline 1-800-221-7044
- Beth Abraham Synagogue, 945-3433, 145 York Street, Bangor
- Columbia Street Baptist Church, 945-6616, 63 Columbia Street, Bangor
- First Church of Christ Scientist, 947-7421, 118 Harlow Street, Bangor
- East Orrington Congregational Church, 825-3404, 38 Johnson Mill Road, Orrington
- Latter Day Saints, 942-7677, 639 Grandview Avenue, Bangor
- All Souls Congregational, 942-7354, 10 Broadway, Bangor
- Abundant Life Pentecostal Church, 945-5577, 263 Texas Avenue, Bangor
- Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian, 942-8054, 375 Mt. Hope Avenue, Bangor
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 945-9588, 90 Sanford Street, Bangor
- Seventh Day Adventist, 848-2331, Route 2, Hermon
- First United Methodist Church, 945-9567, 703 Essex Street, Bangor
- St. Mary's Catholic Church, 945-5018, 754 Ohio Street, Bangor
- Unitarian Universalist Church, 947-7009, 120 Park Street, Bangor
- St. John's Episcopal Church, 947-0156, 234 French Street, Bangor
This is only a sample listing. For more information, stop by the Chaplain's Office in Room 206 Peabody Hall.