- 4K x 31mph x 5 sec = amazing
High Speed Camera Shoots Entire Music Video in Only 5 Seconds
French filmmaker Guillaume Panariello makes a what-if scenario a reality.
- This gives Audio Engineering a whole new meaning!
Watch A Fire Being Extinguished With Sound
It may seem outlandish, but George Mason University engineering students Seth Robertson and Viet Tran say they’ve developed a way to extinguish fire with sound waves. The video above appears to prove them right. How can this be? ...
- Tonight at the Gracie Theatre
This event has been re-schedule for March 24 @[249759131709324:274:Gracie Theatre], @[123365091054066:274:Husson University]. Please come and share!
- 2010 alum Ray Harrington's movie Be A Man is on Facebook and nearing completion. Be A Man is a documentary on Ray's search to find out what it means to be a man today.
Be A Man
Be A Man is a Documentary feature film that follows comedian Ray Harrington as he attempts to discover what it means to be a man in modern life.
- Tomorrow is accepted students day. We're looking forward to seeing all the new faces!
- Join Husson Career Services for a job fair on March 25th at the Center for Family Business.
Husson University Career Fair, Wed, March 25th, 10-1, Dyke Center for Family Business. Be there or be square!
- Congratulations to the American Folk Festival on the Bangor Waterfront, voted on of America's 15 best small-town festivals by Fodor's.
America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
From the Florida Seafood Festival to the Fountain Hills Great Fair, these stand-out small towns host some of the best festivals in the country.
- It's the first day of spring. We swear, spring is somewhere under all the snow.
- 89.3fm WHSN Bangor asks you to give the gift of life today from 11-4 at the Furman Ctr at Husson University.
List of local accommodations
The New England School of Communications is located in Bangor, Maine’s third largest city. Bangor lies at the center of Maine’s higher education core. In addition to NESCom, other colleges and universities within a 50 mile radius include Husson University, the University of Maine, Maine Maritime Academy, College of the Atlantic, Unity College, Beal College, Eastern Maine Community College, Thomas College, and Colby College. For more information about Bangor link to the following websites:
Helpful Websites about Bangor, Maine
- Bangor, Maine - Official Site
- Bangor Area Transportation (BAT) - public transportation
- Downtown Bangor
- Bangor Chamber of Commerce
- Bangor Daily News
- Map of Bangor
- Bangor Weather
- Bangor Airport
- WLBZ Television Station
- Bangor Public Library
Following are some of the community and religious resources you will find in Bangor, Maine.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center 973-7000
- St. Joseph's Hospital 947-8311
- Maine Assoc. of Handicapped Persons 942-8882
- Poison Control Center - Northern New England 1-800-222-1222
- Alcoholics Anonymous 941-8326
- Bangor District Court
- Emergency 911
- Rape Crisis Center 989-5679
- Spruce Run 947-0496
- Community Health & Counseling 947-0366
- Gay Crisis Hotline 1-800-221-7044
- Beth Abraham Synagogue, 945-3433, 145 York Street, Bangor
- Columbia Street Baptist Church, 945-6616, 63 Columbia Street, Bangor
- First Church of Christ Scientist, 947-7421, 118 Harlow Street, Bangor
- East Orrington Congregational Church, 825-3404, 38 Johnson Mill Road, Orrington
- Latter Day Saints, 942-7677, 639 Grandview Avenue, Bangor
- All Souls Congregational, 942-7354, 10 Broadway, Bangor
- Abundant Life Pentecostal Church, 945-5577, 263 Texas Avenue, Bangor
- Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian, 942-8054, 375 Mt. Hope Avenue, Bangor
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 945-9588, 90 Sanford Street, Bangor
- Seventh Day Adventist, 848-2331, Route 2, Hermon
- First United Methodist Church, 945-9567, 703 Essex Street, Bangor
- St. Mary's Catholic Church, 945-5018, 754 Ohio Street, Bangor
- Unitarian Universalist Church, 947-7009, 120 Park Street, Bangor
- St. John's Episcopal Church, 947-0156, 234 French Street, Bangor
This is only a sample listing. For more information, stop by the Chaplain's Office in Room 206 Peabody Hall.