- Thanks to WABI TV5 for visiting Maine Media Camp today.
Bangor Campers Spend Week Learning About Life in the Media - Bangor, Maine News, Sports, and...
Some campers in Bangor are spending the week learning about life in the media. They’re taking part in Maine Media Camp at the New England School of Communications. Three dozen high school students from seven states are there. The camp gives them a chance to experience all kinds of aspects of the med…
- Maine Media Campers get a true taste of Maine tonight with pies courtesy of Dysart's! #butteryflakycrust
- Today marks the start of Maine Media Camp 2014! We have high school students from 7 states joining us for the next 5 days to work in all forms of media and communications!
- Great session in the NESCom Audio Engineering studios yesterday!
NESCom Audio Engineering
Things stay busy in the studio, even during the summer. Yesterday a 6 piece jazz band started a recording of all-original music.
- NESCom Live Sound Technology having some fun with the opening of the new Yamaha CL3 Digital Mixing Console.
Opening of the Yamaha CL3
- It's always exciting to hear from our alumni who are doing what they love every day!
EP alum Stephen Wells of @[26100163374:274:Nashville Event Lighting] recently lit a video at Starstruck Entertainment for @[14969940796:274:Reba McEntire]. Watch the video here http://ow.ly/zsOPL
- New for labs WCC105 & WCC109: all new Mac Pro "cylinders" with Thunderbolt displays.
- Want to visit NESCom but haven't been able to join us for an open house? Sign up for the upcoming Discover Husson day on August 1st!
Schedule a Visit
Schedule a time convenient for you to visit our campus in Bangor, Maine.
- Signs of summer at NESCom: stacks of new computers for the new WCC 306 lab.
List of local accommodations
The New England School of Communications is located in Bangor, Maine’s third largest city. Bangor lies at the center of Maine’s higher education core. In addition to NESCom, other colleges and universities within a 50 mile radius include Husson University, the University of Maine, Maine Maritime Academy, College of the Atlantic, Unity College, Beal College, Eastern Maine Community College, Thomas College, and Colby College. For more information about Bangor link to the following websites:
Helpful Websites about Bangor, Maine
- Bangor, Maine - Official Site
- Bangor Area Transportation (BAT) - public transportation
- Downtown Bangor
- Bangor Chamber of Commerce
- Bangor Daily News
- Map of Bangor
- Bangor Weather
- Bangor Airport
- WLBZ Television Station
- Bangor Public Library
Following are some of the community and religious resources you will find in Bangor, Maine.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center 973-7000
- St. Joseph's Hospital 947-8311
- Maine Assoc. of Handicapped Persons 942-8882
- Poison Control Center - Northern New England 1-800-222-1222
- Alcoholics Anonymous 941-8326
- Bangor District Court
- Emergency 911
- Rape Crisis Center 989-5679
- Spruce Run 947-0496
- Community Health & Counseling 947-0366
- Gay Crisis Hotline 1-800-221-7044
- Beth Abraham Synagogue, 945-3433, 145 York Street, Bangor
- Columbia Street Baptist Church, 945-6616, 63 Columbia Street, Bangor
- First Church of Christ Scientist, 947-7421, 118 Harlow Street, Bangor
- East Orrington Congregational Church, 825-3404, 38 Johnson Mill Road, Orrington
- Latter Day Saints, 942-7677, 639 Grandview Avenue, Bangor
- All Souls Congregational, 942-7354, 10 Broadway, Bangor
- Abundant Life Pentecostal Church, 945-5577, 263 Texas Avenue, Bangor
- Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian, 942-8054, 375 Mt. Hope Avenue, Bangor
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 945-9588, 90 Sanford Street, Bangor
- Seventh Day Adventist, 848-2331, Route 2, Hermon
- First United Methodist Church, 945-9567, 703 Essex Street, Bangor
- St. Mary's Catholic Church, 945-5018, 754 Ohio Street, Bangor
- Unitarian Universalist Church, 947-7009, 120 Park Street, Bangor
- St. John's Episcopal Church, 947-0156, 234 French Street, Bangor
This is only a sample listing. For more information, stop by the Chaplain's Office in Room 206 Peabody Hall.