- This Saturday night, don't miss The Nite Show. This special High School Nite was the product of students working with NESCom faculty as part of Husson Alive: The NESCom Experience. See their hard work this weekend!
This Saturday night, kids take over the reigns behind the scenes, and as guests on The Nite Show...with our inaugural High School Nite! It's in conjunction with Husson Alive: The NESCom Experience, and allowed high school students from 10 different schools to run camera, work audio, and master entertainment production. We are also featuring guests from 4 different high schools! Nick Danby from @[109550429072188:274:Bangor High School] - he's ranked #2 by the National Speech & Debate Association; Unified Harmony Show Choir from @[107709389252457:274:George W. Stearns High School] and @[108122159220293:274:Schenck High School] - your Division II State Champs from the Maine State Vocal Jazz Festival; Alex Quinn from @[109450195741213:274:South Portland High School] will sit in with Jump City Jazz - he's a winner of individual outstanding musicianship at both the Maine State Instrumental Jazz Festival and the @[28495301197:274:Berklee College of Music] High School Jazz Festival; and a guest announcer named Todd from @[146594590231:274:Dirigo High School], helping Joe handle announcing duties. Don't miss it! Saturday night at 11:30 on @[149507907783:274:WABI TV5] in Bangor; Saturday night after the FOX23 News at Ten on @[66812222694:274:WPFO FOX23] in Portland; and Saturday night at midnight on @[140457975077:274:WAGM-TV] FOX8 in Presque Isle!
- Sound never sleeps.
Classes may be out for the summer but the recording continues! Additional recording is being done tonight on a new album for Mes Amis. — with Shane Ellis and 3 others.
- Attending NESCom at Husson University for the first time this fall? We look forward to seeing you at New Student Orientation on Tuesday, June 23rd.
New Student Orientation
Schedule a time convenient for you to visit our our campus in Bangor, Maine.
- Knack Factory in Portland is accepting applications for a paid summer intern. Get the details here:
We are looking for a Summer Intern or two [paid] - Knack Factory
We are presently looking for at least one Summer Intern (if not two). The ideal candidate has some familiarity with (or interest in becoming familiar with) WordPress, video production, editing, photography, copywriting, and peripheral knowledge of popular social media engagement. This is a paid posi…
- More great photos from yesterday's Husson Alive: The NESCom Experience courtesy of NESCom Entertainment Production!
NESCom Entertainment Production
More HUSSON ALIVE! Photos. This was a super behind the scenes event for high school students. Keep an eye out on our FB page for more behind the scenes opportunities like this one! One that is coming up August 2-7, 2015 is Maine Media Camp. Find out more at: http://nescom.husson.edu/mediacamp.
- High school students from 10 different schools in Maine and New Hampshire joined NESCom at Husson Univeristy for the first ever Husson Alive: The NESCom Experience.
Students worked with the faculty of the New England School of Communications in media and communications workshops throughout the day and capped it off by producing a special High School edition of The Nite Show at the Gracie Theatre (set to air on May 30th).
Photos courtesy of Jennifer Murphy / Whittling Fog Photography.
Husson Alive: The NESCom Experience
High school students from 10 different schools in Maine and New Hampshire joined NESCom at Husson Univeristy for the first ever Husson Alive: The NESCom Experience. Students worked with the faculty of the New England School of Communications in media and communications workshops throughout the day and capped it off by producing a special High School edition of @[157246360966627:274:The Nite Show] at the @[249759131709324:274:Gracie Theatre] (set to air on May 30th). Photos courtesy of Jennifer Murphy / @[213602638727631:274:Whittling Fog Photography].
- Congratulations to the class of 2015!
NESCom 2015 Graduate Selfies
While waiting for 3 hours in line to graduate, I took it upon myself to take a selfie with all my fellow classmates at NESCom that I shared the last four yea...
- Attn NESCom Seniors: This is it. Commencement begins at 2pm at the Cross Insurance Center! You're up!
Europe - The Final Countdown (Official Video)
Check out more Classic Rock videos here: http://smarturl.it/ClassicRocks Listen to the 'Ultimate 80's Playlist' - http://smarturl.it/Ultimate80s Click here t...
- A NESCom Video Production alum's Star Wars fan film received top honors at the annual Star Wars Celebration from non-other than Kathleen Kennedy, the President of Lucasfilm.
NESCom Blog: Video Production Grad’s Star Wars Fan Film Wins Top Award
The force is strong with these ones. Iron Horse Cinema recently took home top honors at the annual Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, CA. Their Star Wars fan film “Star Wars: The Lesser Evil” was chosen by Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy as her favorite fan film of the event. The film was direct…
List of local accommodations
The New England School of Communications is located in Bangor, Maine’s third largest city. Bangor lies at the center of Maine’s higher education core. In addition to NESCom, other colleges and universities within a 50 mile radius include Husson University, the University of Maine, Maine Maritime Academy, College of the Atlantic, Unity College, Beal College, Eastern Maine Community College, Thomas College, and Colby College. For more information about Bangor link to the following websites:
Helpful Websites about Bangor, Maine
- Bangor, Maine - Official Site
- Bangor Area Transportation (BAT) - public transportation
- Downtown Bangor
- Bangor Chamber of Commerce
- Bangor Daily News
- Map of Bangor
- Bangor Weather
- Bangor Airport
- WLBZ Television Station
- Bangor Public Library
Following are some of the community and religious resources you will find in Bangor, Maine.
- Eastern Maine Medical Center 973-7000
- St. Joseph's Hospital 947-8311
- Maine Assoc. of Handicapped Persons 942-8882
- Poison Control Center - Northern New England 1-800-222-1222
- Alcoholics Anonymous 941-8326
- Bangor District Court
- Emergency 911
- Rape Crisis Center 989-5679
- Spruce Run 947-0496
- Community Health & Counseling 947-0366
- Gay Crisis Hotline 1-800-221-7044
- Beth Abraham Synagogue, 945-3433, 145 York Street, Bangor
- Columbia Street Baptist Church, 945-6616, 63 Columbia Street, Bangor
- First Church of Christ Scientist, 947-7421, 118 Harlow Street, Bangor
- East Orrington Congregational Church, 825-3404, 38 Johnson Mill Road, Orrington
- Latter Day Saints, 942-7677, 639 Grandview Avenue, Bangor
- All Souls Congregational, 942-7354, 10 Broadway, Bangor
- Abundant Life Pentecostal Church, 945-5577, 263 Texas Avenue, Bangor
- Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian, 942-8054, 375 Mt. Hope Avenue, Bangor
- St. George Greek Orthodox Church, 945-9588, 90 Sanford Street, Bangor
- Seventh Day Adventist, 848-2331, Route 2, Hermon
- First United Methodist Church, 945-9567, 703 Essex Street, Bangor
- St. Mary's Catholic Church, 945-5018, 754 Ohio Street, Bangor
- Unitarian Universalist Church, 947-7009, 120 Park Street, Bangor
- St. John's Episcopal Church, 947-0156, 234 French Street, Bangor
This is only a sample listing. For more information, stop by the Chaplain's Office in Room 206 Peabody Hall.