- Want to visit NESCom but haven't been able to join us for an open house? Sign up for the upcoming Discover Husson day on August 1st!
Schedule a Visit
Schedule a time convenient for you to visit our campus in Bangor, Maine.
- Signs of summer at NESCom: stacks of new computers for the new WCC 306 lab.
- Students: Be sure to check your husson.edu email address to see if important info has been requested.
- Before he was Public Information Officer for the Bangor Maine Police Department and featured on NPR's Morning Edition this morning, Tim Cotton was a member of our first graduating class in 1983.
Hear Tim's feature on NPR Morning Edition: http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=328373967&m=328373968
- Yesterday at the Darling's Waterfront Pavilion, 2013 NESCom Live Sound Technology grad Richard Burke returned to Bangor. Richard works for Clair Global and is out on tour with Boston & Cheap Trick.
- 2014 grad Amber Abbotoni reppin' #NESComPride in Fernando De Noronha, Brazil.
- NESCom Audio Engineering alum Josh Wilbur is working with yet another well known band.
ALL THAT REMAINS In Pre-Production For New Album With Producer JOSH WILBUR
Massachusetts metallers ALL THAT REMAINS have commenced pre-production on their new album with producer Josh Wilbur, who has previously worked with LAMB OF GOD and GOJIRA. The as-yet-untitled follo...
- Congratulations to NESCom's own Brandon Aull, better known as B.Aull. He's been added as an opener to the Snoop Dogg show at the Portland Expo on July 10th.
- Incoming New England School of Communications students flocked to the Husson University campus to find their way and meet faculty and staff.
Summer Orientation 2014
Incoming New England School of Communications students flocked to the @[123365091054066:274:Husson University] campus to find their way and meet faculty and staff.
Students often find that after their aid is applied there is still a balance due on their account. We suggest considering the following options to pay this balance:
1. If your household budget can afford monthly payments NESCom offers a 0% interest/fees payment plan. To determine your payments we simply take your semester balance (listed on your invoice) and divide it by 3 payments. To participate in this plan, fill out the Payment Plan that was included with your invoice and return it with the first payment by the due date listed on the invoice.
2. If you are looking to pay for your semester balance by credit or debit card, NESCom will happily accept Visa and Mastercard. If you would like to be set up on an automatic debit plan, complete the Payment Plan that was included with your invoice and return it to us with a note indicating you would like to have your payments automatically removed from an account. Call us at 1.888.877.1876 when you are ready to have the first payment withdrawn and have your card information ready.
3. Consider a Parent PLUS Loan. It is credit based and a parent borrows, but interest rate on this loan is 7.9%. If a parent applies for the PLUS loan and is declined, the student may be eligible for more Unsubsidized Stafford Loan. If they are approved for the loan, but decide not to borrow, simply notify the Financial Aid Office.
4. There are private loans (also known as alternative loans) that bridge the gap but these kinds of loans should be a last resort option because they generally have variable interest rates that change often and typically have higher interest rates than the Federal Stafford and PLUS loan programs. Borrowing an alternative loan in your Freshman year should be the last option you utilize.