- Today marks the start of Maine Media Camp 2014! We have high school students from 7 states joining us for the next 5 days to work in all form of media and communications!
- Great session in the NESCom Audio Engineering studios yesterday!
NESCom Audio Engineering
Things stay busy in the studio, even during the summer. Yesterday a 6 piece jazz band started a recording of all-original music.
- NESCom Live Sound Technology having some fun with the opening of the new Yamaha CL3 Digital Mixing Console.
Opening of the Yamaha CL3
- It's always exciting to hear from our alumni who are doing what they love every day!
EP alum Stephen Wells of @[26100163374:274:Nashville Event Lighting] recently lit a video at Starstruck Entertainment for @[14969940796:274:Reba McEntire]. Watch the video here http://ow.ly/zsOPL
- New for labs WCC105 & WCC109: all new Mac Pro "cylinders" with Thunderbolt displays.
- Want to visit NESCom but haven't been able to join us for an open house? Sign up for the upcoming Discover Husson day on August 1st!
Schedule a Visit
Schedule a time convenient for you to visit our campus in Bangor, Maine.
- Signs of summer at NESCom: stacks of new computers for the new WCC 306 lab.
- Students: Be sure to check your husson.edu email address to see if important info has been requested.
- Before he was Public Information Officer for the Bangor Maine Police Department and featured on NPR's Morning Edition this morning, Tim Cotton was a member of our first graduating class in 1983.
Hear Tim's feature on NPR Morning Edition: http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=328373967&m=328373968
Students often find that after their aid is applied there is still a balance due on their account. We suggest considering the following options to pay this balance:
1. If your household budget can afford monthly payments NESCom offers a 0% interest/fees payment plan. To determine your payments we simply take your semester balance (listed on your invoice) and divide it by 3 payments. To participate in this plan, fill out the Payment Plan that was included with your invoice and return it with the first payment by the due date listed on the invoice.
2. If you are looking to pay for your semester balance by credit or debit card, NESCom will happily accept Visa and Mastercard. If you would like to be set up on an automatic debit plan, complete the Payment Plan that was included with your invoice and return it to us with a note indicating you would like to have your payments automatically removed from an account. Call us at 1.888.877.1876 when you are ready to have the first payment withdrawn and have your card information ready.
3. Consider a Parent PLUS Loan. It is credit based and a parent borrows, but interest rate on this loan is 7.9%. If a parent applies for the PLUS loan and is declined, the student may be eligible for more Unsubsidized Stafford Loan. If they are approved for the loan, but decide not to borrow, simply notify the Financial Aid Office.
4. There are private loans (also known as alternative loans) that bridge the gap but these kinds of loans should be a last resort option because they generally have variable interest rates that change often and typically have higher interest rates than the Federal Stafford and PLUS loan programs. Borrowing an alternative loan in your Freshman year should be the last option you utilize.