- NESCom Journalism, Radio and Video production students are still talking about their workshop with Maine Press Association Journalist of the Year Erin Rhoda at the Bangor Daily News this week. Rhoda coached students through the job of trying to perfectly summarize a story in just a few words. The students are working with Korean War era veterans with journalism instructor Jeffrey Hope. But the workshop was also a chance to introduce students to Rhoda’s award winning story of a young man addicted to heroin.
- File this under: OOPS
- Don't miss tonight's screening of the documentary film Tickling Giants, being held in Libra Lecture Hall at Husson University.
- Watch the latest trailer for the documentary film OBIT, which looks at the traditions of obituaries and the people at the The New York Times that continue that tradition.
- Join the Society of Professional Journalists at Husson University for a free screening of the documentary Tickling Giants, Wednesday, April 19th 7pm in Libra Lecture Hall.
- Sports Journalism and Sport Management students went to Fenway Park yesterday for a job fair and Boston Red Sox / Pittsburgh Pirates game. They met with representatives from the Celtics, Bruins, NESN, WEEI radio and many other businesses.
- NESCom Sports Journalism students of the Call of the Eagle radio show on 89.3fm WHSN Bangor got up close and personal with the New England Patriots Super Bowl LI Lombardi Trophy today at the Cross Insurance Center.
Society of Professional Journalists
Students have the opportunity to join the national Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) as well as their local student satellite chapter of the Maine Pro chapter of SPJ and Sigma Delta Chi.
SPJ's membership includes professional journalists as well as students pursuing a career in journalism. SPJ allows professionals from print, online and broadcast to stay informed on societal happenings and ethical standards. Students can network, continue professional development, and access a job bank as well as internship opportunities. Print and Broadcast students joining SPJ at NESCom® have the opportunity to highlight the respected organization on their resume, giving them the edge.