- So this is happening in October. The PRSSA National Conference will never be any closer than it is this year. Talk to any Husson PRSSA member to find out how you can attend.
- Ever hear of the Bic Pens for Her or Colgate Lasagne? Of course not. You can see them and other product duds at the Museum of Failures opening soon in Sweden.
- Congrats to junior Kyle King who had Chance the Rapper retweet to his 3.5 million followers the album cover Kyle designed for fellow rapper Lud Foe.
- Have you made plans for Earth Day yet? It's this Friday and there's lots of activities.
- If you missed this blog post celebrating Women last month, catch up on the work of 4 brands.
- Another reason you are going to want to attend the PRSSA National Conference with the Husson/NESCom chapter of PRSSA this October in Boston.
- You won't be nervous if you follow these tips whether you are interviewing for a summer job or your first real job.
- Ellen's Oscar photo of celebrities was retweeted over 3 million times. Is Wendy's being fair?
NESCom at Husson Univeristy places a high priority on providing students with an opportunity for gaining professional experience while in school. Internships, unpaid work experiences for which academic credit is earned, can be arranged for students entering their junior or senior year.
Internships require both a minimum grade point average and a faculty recommendation. The internship includes 135 hours of training at an outside organization. Students are awarded three credits upon completion and will be graded on ability, determination, and interest.
NESCom has arranged internships at a wide range of business throughout the entire country. The student’s interests and skill set are matched with an appropriate company. Marketing Communications students have done internships at the following organizations:
- American Honda (Los Angeles, CA)
- Bangor Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (Bangor ME)
- Maine Discovery Museum (Bangor ME)
- UMaine Athletics (Orono, ME)
- Community Health and Counseling (Bangor, ME)
- Downtown Bangor
- Maine Coast Memorial Hospital (Ellsworth, ME)
- Kemp Goldberg Partners (Portland, ME)
- Bangor Mall
- Maine State Museum (Augusta, ME)
- MOB Media (Foot Hills Ranch, CA)
- New Breed Marketing (Winooski, VT)
- Northern Michigan Regional Hospital (Petoskey MI)
- Sephone Interactive Media (Bangor ME)
- Sutherland Weston Marketing Communications (Bangor, ME)
- United Way of Eastern Maine (Bangor, ME)
- Bangor Hydro
- Bangor Metro Magazine
- Cashman Communications (Bangor, ME)
- Carnival Cruises (Miami, FL)
- Darling's Honda Nissan Volvo
- Day's Jewelers
- Eastern Maine Community College
- Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems
- Greater Media Boston (Boston, MA)
- Hollywood Casinos
- Lisbon Community Federal Credit Union
- USDA Rural Development
- Stacey Margot Photography
- Silver Knights Chess
"NESCom prepared me for my career by taking me out of the classroom and into the community to strengthen my skills. The opportunity to work with real clients on real projects gave me the chance to apply everything I had learned to help local businesses and organizations. My classmates and I were no longer learning about real life situations-we were practicing them. This is a valuable experience every student should be fortunate enough to have."
Jillian Piehler, Class of 2009, Marketing Director, Sutherland Weston Marketing Communications