- Here's some sound advice from Alum Ally Scott writing in this week's The Maine Edge.
Three simple ways to build your nonprofit’s brand - The Marketing Edge - Biz - The Maine Edge
Three simple ways to build your nonprofit’s brand - The Marketing Edge - Biz In the busy world of nonprofits, where one employee usually wears many hats in the organization, it’s often hard to find time to strategize about branding. However, building your
- Pepsi disses Coke in their new ads
Win Concert Tickets with Pepsi ... but Not with Coca-Cola
Every hour, you can win free concert tickets this summer by opening a bottle of Pepsi, but not with a Coke.
- If you were wondering what faculty do over the summer.
NESCom Is The New Black
Made with love the excellent people of NESCom from your very own "Crazy Eyes" Nason. For those that are not familiar with the Orange Is the New Black opening theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBITGyJynfAP.S. I'm sure someone somewhere is regretting that I have access to all the NESCom photos.
- RESEARCH TO REALITY: USING DATA TO DEVELOP STRATEGY, a Maine Public Relations Council professional development session, is happening this Friday in Bangor and Westbrook. If you are in either area it is worth attending. The student cost is only $10 and that includes breakfast!
Maine Public Relations Council
The Maine Public Relations Council is a professional association of Maine public relations practitioners who are dedicated to the professional development of its members and to a greater awareness of the role of public relations in the world today
- If you are ready to answer these questions you are sure to ace that interview!
8 Stealth Interview Questions That Reveal True Character
Finding a real star requires going beyond Tell me about yourself. Here are the questions that will tell you what you really want to know.
- Byer of Maine, a company that makes wood frame camp furniture in Orono, is looking for an online marketing specialist.
- A logo rebrand can be a huge success or a big miss. In this rebrand roundtable, experts discuss the new logo for IHOP
Rebrand Round Table: The IHOP Logo
For the second (and long overdue) installment of our Rebrand Round Table, we’re taking a closer look at the IHOP logo redesign, released last week.
Tiny Dolls Act Out Hilarious Soap Operas Over Single Pieces of French Toast Crunch
Consumers bowled over by the recent return of French Toast Crunch after a nine-year hiatus should enjoy "The Tiny & The Tasty," a strange and silly soap-opera parody that casts dolls as actors to reintroduce the General Mills cereal. McCann, Picture Mill and Beacon Street collaborated on the campaig…
- Who would like to see their design on a tshirt? If so this Spruce Run-Womancare Alliance's Race/Walk to End Domestic Abuse tshirt contest is for you. Check out the guidelines and details. Submissions can be sent to email@example.com and put ‘Tee-shirt design contest’ in the heading. The deadline is July 31st.
NESCom at Husson Univeristy places a high priority on providing students with an opportunity for gaining professional experience while in school. Internships, unpaid work experiences for which academic credit is earned, can be arranged for students entering their junior or senior year.
Internships require both a minimum grade point average and a faculty recommendation. The internship includes 135 hours of training at an outside organization. Students are awarded three credits upon completion and will be graded on ability, determination, and interest.
NESCom has arranged internships at a wide range of business throughout the entire country. The student’s interests and skill set are matched with an appropriate company. Marketing Communications students have done internships at the following organizations:
- American Honda (Los Angeles, CA)
- Bangor Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (Bangor ME)
- Maine Discovery Museum (Bangor ME)
- UMaine Athletics (Orono, ME)
- Community Health and Counseling (Bangor, ME)
- Downtown Bangor
- Maine Coast Memorial Hospital (Ellsworth, ME)
- Kemp Goldberg Partners (Portland, ME)
- Bangor Mall
- Maine State Museum (Augusta, ME)
- MOB Media (Foot Hills Ranch, CA)
- New Breed Marketing (Winooski, VT)
- Northern Michigan Regional Hospital (Petoskey MI)
- Sephone Interactive Media (Bangor ME)
- Sutherland Weston Marketing Communications (Bangor, ME)
- United Way of Eastern Maine (Bangor, ME)
- Bangor Hydro
- Bangor Metro Magazine
- Cashman Communications (Bangor, ME)
- Carnival Cruises (Miami, FL)
- Darling's Honda Nissan Volvo
- Day's Jewelers
- Eastern Maine Community College
- Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems
- Greater Media Boston (Boston, MA)
- Hollywood Casinos
- Lisbon Community Federal Credit Union
- USDA Rural Development
- Stacey Margot Photography
- Silver Knights Chess
"NESCom prepared me for my career by taking me out of the classroom and into the community to strengthen my skills. The opportunity to work with real clients on real projects gave me the chance to apply everything I had learned to help local businesses and organizations. My classmates and I were no longer learning about real life situations-we were practicing them. This is a valuable experience every student should be fortunate enough to have."
Jillian Piehler, Class of 2009, Marketing Director, Sutherland Weston Marketing Communications