- The new movie Brave New Jersey looks at the historic War Of The Worlds broadcast from a the viewpoint of the citizens of Lullaby, New Jersey.
- Students from Hermon High School's student group Hawks For Change working with Mark Nason on producing substance abuse PSAs.
- Love 'em or hate 'em, jingles work.
- In a piece that would interest both Radio Broadcasting and NESCom Live Sound Technology students, Radio World write about the National Symphony Orchestra's recent visit to NPR All Things Considered.
- The entry window for the annual NAB Education Foundation Freedom of Speech PSA competition is now open. Top prize is a $2,500 scholarship!
- A good reminder for any radio station planning an April Fool's Day gag.
- Congratulations to the radio category winners at the Alliance for Women in Media 2017 Gracie awards.
The NESCom® radio broadcasting studios includes three fully digital production studios equipped with all the tools necessary for producing on-air quality features and spots for both live and pre-recorded programming.
Centered around the Wheatstone E-1 and Audio Arts D-70/D-75 digital consoles, students use Adobe Audition, Voice Tracking software, external audio playback and their own voice in weekly production assignments designed to build experience and benefit the radio station.
Part of any good radio station is their commitment to news and current events. WHSN strives to inform their listeners on happening in their state and the world around them with up to the minute news casts, radar weather updates, and sports updates. With a student staff of reporters, use the Associated Press ENPS software as well as report live in the field news happenings entertainment features, and sporting events.
In an on-air studio rivaling any in the region, on-air skills are honed using Wide Orbit Radio Automation in programming stressing real world broadcasting. The student staff of WHSN is responsible for all aspects of operation from scheduling daily play lists to producing public affairs features to interviewing artists.