- 2013 Grad Jessica Bradley, Promotions Editor for WPRI in Providence, RI posing for the obligatory "Truck Pic".
- 2010 alum Greg Wonder shooting in Thailand.
- Michael Bay talks about shooting Transformers: The Last Knight in native Imax 3D.
- For any students looking for a challenge, Imagine Dragons and Adobe Premiere Pro is holding an editing contest.
- The NESCom Mobile Production Unit rolled out to the Cross Insurance Center today to produce Maine High School tournament basketball for Maine Public.
- Students participated in a workshop with IATSE Electrician Travis Trudell this week, learning lessons about location lighting the inner workings of filmmaking. Students worked with local actors Alejandro Rave and John Greenman to create a short scene at the Quirk House. Trudell’s guidance and approachable style allowed students to ask questions that enabled them to tell the short story in an efficient and artistic way. Photos by Larry Ayotte
- A great piece on the groundbreaking films of Buster Keaton and how his work influenced modern filmmaking.
Equipment Distribution Center (EDC)The New England School of Communications Equipment Distribution Center (EDC) is located on the first floor of the Wildey Communications Building. It includes equipment used by Video, Audio, Journalism, Sports Journalism, and NESCom Mobile Productions.
The EDC loans professional equipment and facilities to current students & faculty to fulfill class assignments and extra experiential learning opportunities approved by the faculty, staff, and the University Administration.
For more information and specific policies concerning the use of equipment from the EDC, please contact us at (207) 992-4932.