- For any students looking for a challenge, Imagine Dragons and Adobe Premiere Pro is holding an editing contest.
- The NESCom Mobile Production Unit rolled out to the Cross Insurance Center today to produce Maine High School tournament basketball for Maine Public.
- Students participated in a workshop with IATSE Electrician Travis Trudell this week, learning lessons about location lighting the inner workings of filmmaking. Students worked with local actors Alejandro Rave and John Greenman to create a short scene at the Quirk House. Trudell’s guidance and approachable style allowed students to ask questions that enabled them to tell the short story in an efficient and artistic way. Photos by Larry Ayotte
- A great piece on the groundbreaking films of Buster Keaton and how his work influenced modern filmmaking.
- One of the most recognizable names in tripods, Lino Manfrotto, passed away Sunday.
- The Video Production department at the New England School of Communications of Husson University invites you to a free filmmaking presentation! Hollywood filmmaker Travis Trudell will speak about his career experiences at the Gracie Theater Wednesday, February 22nd at 7pm. Trudell has worked in the camera and lighting department for many notable movies including The Social Network, Manchester by the Sea, The Town, Shutter Island and Ghostbusters. The audience is encouraged to ask questions after a visual presentation about set etiquette, safety, and professional lighting techniques. Trudell is well known for his accessible teaching style and friendly sense of humor. Please join us for a fun and informative evening about making a living through the art and craft of filmmaking.
- Talk about a trailer park! This is an aerial view of the Fox broadcast compound for tonight's big game in Houston, TX. Pic courtesy of Nick Barrows.
Audio Broadcast Control