- To All Husson and NESCom Students!!!!
Do you want to perform in a Musical? If so... take advantage of Spring Registration to enroll in EP 235 Musical Theatre Performance!
We are presenting the award-winning B'way Musical, ONCE ON THIS ISLAND. Students enrolled in the Musical Theatre Performance class will rehearse the show - in class - for credit!!!
If you are looking to complete a Fine Arts requirement and want to have a lot of fun... check out EP 235!!!!!
NESCom Blog: Entertainment Production Students Announce Spring Musical
The Entertainment Production department has announced that their spring 2015 musical will be a production of the musical Once On This Island, by Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty. The production will be in the Black Box Theatre at the Gracie Theatre at Husson University’s Bangor campus April 17th, 1…
- EP had a great night with The Nite Show with Danny Cashman. Hats off to NESCom students and Faculty for a super show. We also had a fun backstage tour with the Turners and Kathi Smith's Community Arts Immersion Class. The highlight for everyone seemed to be the witty and humorous Count von Count from Sesame Street.
- Yet another achievement for all the EP students and their hard work!
Saturday morning, at the College Media Association's convention in Philadelphia, WHSN won 1st place in the Radio Talk/Entertainment program category in the CMA's annual Pinnacle College Media Awards.
The win was for the 2013 edition of Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Mystery & Imagination.
The POE RADIO SHOW continues to proudly display our school... thanks to your talented work!
- Congrats to the EP, Live Sound and radio Broadcasting Students for another great Live Radio Presentation... TALES OF MYSTERY AND IMAGINATION BY EDGAR ALLAN POE. This year's selection was THE MURDERS IN THE RUE MORGUE, one of the first detective stories ever written. The production was presented just like a 1940's style radio drama with live sound effects, and was performed before a live audience in the Gracie Theatre, and was aired live over WHSN-FM. This was the fifth annual Halloween radio show produced by the New England School of Communications at Husson University.
- Entertainment Production Students; fantastic Job with the Howie Day concert! This past Friday EP students did a great job setting up, running and striking the set, lights and projection. It was a beautiful show that ran super smooth. Congratulations on your efforts.
- Consider yourself invited! We are opening up NESCom and the Gracie Theatre again on November 5th and December 10th for a taping of The Nite Show with Danny Cashman. Please pass the word; Tickets are free and available at: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/908689. This is a great opportunity for college bound individuals, their families and educators to see NESCom and one of Maine's top rated television productions in operation. During our backstage tours we go over the skills needed to produce an event of this scale. Skills covered include scenic design, construction & painting, entertainment event management, live audio production and live video production.
Backstage with NESCom and The Nite Show
Educational Backstage Tour for High School Students, their Families, and Educators
- EP STUDENTS TECH A B'WAY POPS CONCERT AT THE GRACIE
The NYC cast of OH WHAT A NIGHT, Ryan, Ed, Jesse & Kevin were all most grateful for the professionalism and gracious event hospitality. They were especially impressed by the tech, and were thrilled by the lighting! They loved the cueing, the looks, the SPOTS!!!!!! Ryan was especially pleased with the timing and placement of the cues, moving from one song to the next.
So... Congrats to the EP Crew!!!!!!
Stage managers to be honoured as part of international celebrations - News - The Stage
Stage managers around the world will be honoured this week as part of an international day celebrating the work of backstage theatre staff. International S
This new degree program is designed to educate students for career opportunities that exist in the many fields of the entertainment industry. The curriculum focuses on professional design, technology and management skills that are needed "behind the scenes", rather than on performance.
Core disciplines associated with theatre and the performing arts are employed by many other communications industries throughout the world. As an example, design and construction techniques used in theatre are employed in everything from trade shows to shopping malls, fashion shows, exhibits and even political rallies.
A variety of entertainment venues require professionals who can design and operate today’s entertainment technologies, as well as manage events and performance facilities. Entertainment Production is a hands-on, industry-wide training program for this exciting and creative field.