- Get to know one of our incoming Entertainment Production students.
Class of 2015: Scarborough senior prefers working behind the scenes
SCARBOROUGH — Most students' extracurricular activities involve a sport, or musical group. Eric Lehmann prefers a different activity. Lehmann, a 17-year-old senior at Scarborough High School, first discovered his "niche" of setting up for school productions and events whe...
- Sad day for a famous set. Glad to see some pieces getting preserved.
CBS throws David Letterman set into Dumpster
CBS wasted no time in kicking David Letterman to the curb. Just hours after Letterman said farewell after 33 years on late-night TV, Ed Sullivan Theater crews hauled off blocks of blue stage and ...
- Congratulations to STEPHANIE GETCHELL (NESCom 2013) who just received her Master's Degree from Montclair State University with a Major in Theatre - Concentration in Theatre Studies.
All of EP & NESCom are so proud!
- More HUSSON ALIVE! Photos. This was a super behind the scenes event for high school students. Keep an eye out on our FB page for more behind the scenes opportunities like this one! One that is coming up August 2-7, 2015 is Maine Media Camp. Find out more at: http://nescom.husson.edu/mediacamp.
- Congrats to the EP and other NESCom Students who worked our last event - HUSSON ALIVE! THE NESCom EXPERIENCE. Over 80 high school students from around Maine and NH came to Husson yesterday to discover what NESCom has to offer The event culminated in a special taping of THE NITE SHOW
Thanks to all of the EP Crews who worked countless productions this past year.
Have a GREAT SUMMER!
- Husson University Theatre is presenting "The somewhat true tale of Robin Hood" at the Gracie Theatre. Several Entertainment Production students have worked on the cast and crew of the production. The show runs May 1st at 7pm, May 2nd at 7pm and May 3rd at 2pm. Tickets are $3 for students and $5 for the general public.
- Entertainment Production students will present set design and portfolio work at the Open Studio event. The event is 5.4.15 at Husson University Hart Studio from 1-6 with refreshments from 4-6. Join us to celebrate our students efforts.
- Here's just part of what it takes to make a taping of The Nite Show happen
Nite Show Set-Up Timelapse
Ever wondered what goes into setting up for The Nite Show at the Gracie Theatre? This time-lapse, shot by NESCom student Alan Wardwell shows the 2+ hrs of work that goes into the set for each taping.
- EP and Live Sound run the tech for the PAULA COLE TRIO
Bachelor of Science in Entertainment Production
This program is designed to educate students for career opportunities that exist in the many fields of the entertainment industry. The curriculum focuses on professional design, technology and management skills that are needed "behind the scenes", rather than on performance.
Core disciplines associated with theatre and the performing arts are used by countless communications industries throughout the world. As an example, design and construction techniques used in theatre are employed in everything from trade shows to shopping malls, fashion shows, exhibits and even political rallies.
A variety of entertainment venues require professionals who can design and operate todayâ€™s entertainment technologies, as well as manage events and performance facilities. Entertainment Production is a hands-on, industry-wide training program for this exciting and creative field. If you are looking for a university with experienced faculty, an affordable and quality degree, then you are in the right place!