- Sports Journalism students Martin Lindholm & Nick Blaszczak calling last night's Husson Eagles Athletics North Atlantic Conference Semi-Final game.
- Nikayla Abruzzese doing a live report for NESCom Connection via Talk Show Skype TX.
- WABI-Tv Bangor, Maine has both a full time and part time producer position open. Who do we know? Send a note to Jeffrey Hope.
- NESCom Connection Duties SHOW DATE: FEB 17 Show # 1 of 4 EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: CHRIS, CALVIN REPORTER LIVE IN NEWSROOM: Natalie REPORTER LIVE SHOT (SKYPE) Nikayla ANCHOR 1: Kassadi ANCHOR 2: Matt SPORTS ANCHOR: TBA SPORTS REPORTER LIVE IN NEWSROOM: SPORTS REPORTER LIVE SHOT (SKYPE) WEATHER: BRYAN REPORTERS/WRITERS: TELEPROMPTER: SEBASTIAN NOTE: Print entire show at noon Newscast or practice sessions begin 2:00pm The meeting for the NEXT NESCom Connection will be held following this broadcast. See Jeffrey Hope if you want to participate but can not attend. NESCom Connection is archived on the ED server and may or may not be uploaded to Youtube. Reminder: IPAD must be charged before all newscasts
- Oh the dreaded early edition...
- It may be 2017, but some people still love their PRINTED newspaper. Of course trying to get that to doorsteps at an early hour has always been a problem, as we are reminded this morning when the Boston Globe sent this Superbowl headline to residents in Florida. Opppppssss... A bit of a Dewey Defeats Truman moment.
- Legendary play-by-play pro Brent Musburger has signed off for the last time.
- The NESCom student chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists will host a guest presentation by photographer Kevin Bennett on Thursday, Jan. 26th at 6:30 in Libra Lecture Hall.
Bachelor of Science in Mass Communications - Journalism
To be a journalist, you have to be passionate about researching, fact finding, meeting people, grabbing images and then writing, editing and telling the story. Students in the Journalism program take classes in writing and reporting, web reporting and video and radio production to prepare themselves to be multi-skilled in this field.
The New England School of Communications at Husson University provides you a training ground to set you apart. If you are looking for a university with experienced faculty, an affordable and quality degree, then you are in the right place! Journalism students have real world resources at their fingertips in order to build a strong demo-reel for when they enter their career. Students can draw from the AP news wire using the ENPS platform, write for The Spectator, a student run on-line newspaper and report on WHSN 89.3-FM, the campus radio station, or the NESCom Broadcast Network (NBN).