- PRSSA Husson/Nescom Meetings this semester will be on Mondays at 10:00AM. Kaity Patnode is booking the room and will post the location when it has been confirmed. Alum Jon Griffiths is scheduled to speak in room 205 on Tuesday Feb. 3 at 9:30. Stop by if you are interested in hearing about careers in the area. He currently is the Marketing Manager at Hollywood Casino and previously worked for Cashman Communications. Another alum Kimberly Merrifield will speak on Thursday Feb 5 at 9:30 in room 205. Kimberly will share her internship experience in Denver as well as what she is doing now. You can check out her intern blog at the attached link.
The Colorado Intern Diary
This is my internship journal. I am a student at the New England School of Communications in Bangor Maine, but for this semester I have moved to Denver Colorado to be an Intern at a Marketing company. I will be working 40 hours a week for 15 weeks and will return to Maine in late April to Graduate w…
- Do you think this Super Bowl ad went too far?
GoDaddy pulls controversial 'puppy mill' Super Bowl commercial
GoDaddy's Super Bowl XLIX commercial was supposed to star Buddy, a golden retriever puppy that fell off of a truck yet managed to find its way home -- only to be sold online by its owner. As Adweek...
- If you see Hunter be sure to congratulate him for being awarded the Maine Public Relations Council scholarship.
Maine Public Relations Council Announces 2014 Scholarship Winner
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Jillian Kanter Broadreach Public Relations email@example.com 207-619-7350 Maine Public Relations Council Announces 2014 Scholarship Winner Husson University Sophomore is Top Choice for Annual Award PORTLAND, ME (January 27, 2015) –The Maine Public Relations Cou…
- Due to the storm, add/drop has been extended until today. Your advisor can help you make a change to your schedule.
- Tomorrow is the last day of add/drop. Be sure to contact your advisor if you want to make changes to your schedule.
- Senator Angus King to Speak at Breakfast Event
Thursday, February 19, 8AM at The Gracie Theatre on the campus of Husson University. You'll need to make a reservation if you plan to attend.
Husson University's Communications Office and Public Affairs Office serve the University through coordination and facilitation of Husson's relationships with the greater community, including local, state, and federal government, the media, and the general public.
27 Funny Posters And Charts That Graphic Designers Will Relate To
We at DS come across a lot of memes, comics and artworks that offer a hilarious look into the life and mind of a graphic designer. So we thought, why not collate a few good ones into one cool post? Who knows, it might even drive some sense into an unreasonable client and make him/her […]
- Jonathan Griffiths, an alum who has worked for a local agency and is now Marketing Manager at Hollywood Casino, will be talking to the Intro to PR class on Tuesday Jan. 27 at 9:30 in WCC 205. You are welcome to stop by and join the conversation.
- Are you interested in joining PRSSA Husson/Nescom this semester? Tell us when you are available to meet. Here is a doodle poll to figure out the best meeting time.
PRSSA Meetings - Doodle: easy scheduling
Doodle radically simplifies the process of scheduling events, meetings, appointments, etc. Herding cats gets 2x faster with Doodle. For free!
Marketing CommunicationsAs of Fall 2014, Media Studies will have a name change to Mass Communications
Marketing Communication is the coordination of companies' communication and marketing programs to create a consistent image and position in the marketplace. The program teaches students countless ways to communicate with multiple and diverse audiences.
This interdisciplinary program includes courses in marketing, advertising, public relations, graphic design, social media, and market research. Elective courses consist of video production, web design, digital photography, search engine optimization and business. Practical preparation allows students to work with actual clients to develop promotional campaigns, logos, posters, and advertisements to promote goods and services. Students can join Public Relations Student Society of America a national organization that offers conferences, internships, and jobs.
Students complete the program with a customized toolbox of communication skills and a professional portfolio that will allow them to pursue careers as advertising account managers, digital media strategists, engagement coordinators, public relations specialists, marketing associates, and social media directors.
Graduates have found that the diversity of the program has allowed them to be more marketable. They are able to open their own agency, be a one-person operation in a small business, or a specialist in a large company with the versatility to pitch in other areas when needed.