- Looking for another class or want to make a change? Advertising Campaigns and Search Engine Marketing have some seats available.
MC 316. Advertising Campaigns. 3 Hours.
Advertising Campaigns works with clients to create ads and determine when and where they should run. This course is a great portfolio builder. Thursday 1-4
CT 211. Search Engine Marketing. 3 Hours.
Search Engine Marketing provides students with a fundamental understanding of website promotion from both the marketing and technical perspectives. In addition to learning how search engines work and rank, and learn all aspects of search engine optimization. Wednesday 3-6
- Come out and support fellow Mkt Com students Nelson, Alex and the rest of the Husson University Football team as they play in Husson's FIRST EVER first round NCAA Division III football playoff game. GO EAGLES!!
Can't wait for Saturday's Big Game! Husson vs MIT kick off at Noon at the Winkin Complex! #GoEagles #Playoffs
- Uber CEO has learned the hard way that nothing is ever "off the record."
Is anything ever really 'off the record'?
An Uber executive's remarks became big news though they weren't intended for publication. It's always important to set ground rules with reporters.
- Planning to graduate in May? Now is the time to submit your petition to graduate to the Registrar. Go to estudent.husson.edu and click on Graduation Petition.
- Looking for investment advice? Or just want free pizza and soda? The Accounting Society has invited Bill Arata of the Arata Group to give investment advice to students at 12:30 this Thursday (11/20) in Peabody 332. Pizza and soda will be provided for everyone who attends.
- What happens when a famous brand goes in for a facelift.
Brand New: New Packaging for Ben & Jerry's by Pearlfisher
Brand New: Opinions on corporate and brand identity work. A division of UnderConsideration.
- TOCmedia is currently seeking an online community manager, freelance copywriters and a videographer.
TOCmedia Digital Media Marketing Management Company
TOCmedia is digital media management company offering social media and email marketing services, integration, community management and audience growth.
- Registration starts today for seniors. There's still time to meet with your advisor if you aren't sure what classes to take.
Husson University Registrar
Up early for registration?? Don’t forget to 1. Change your term to 2015/SP and 2. Disable your pop-ups.
- Curious to know what PRSSA Husson/Nescom is up to? Here are yesterday's meeting notes.
November 6th, 2014 Meeting Notes
President Kaity Patnode is talking to L.L. Bean's social media director to speak on campus. She shared the dates of November 20th/21st or February 5th/6th and is waiting to hear from her.
The next Husson Open House is November 15th
So far Kaity and Rosie are signed up to staff the PRSSA table. Please let Kaity know by November 13th if you can attend.
MDA of Maine is holding a Bangor LockUp on Thursday November 13th and could use some volunteers to help. The event runs from 8am to 4pm at the Sea Dog. Currently signed up: Kevin, Shayne, and Jillian for the entire day. Dustin for the morning shift from 8am12pm
Music Saved Me
If you have any performers in mind please bring the following info to the next meeting:
Contact info, who they are, & their genre of music to any of our meetings
The $75 member dues are due by November 14th at the latest
If you would like to be a member please bring this in ASAP to Kaity or Dustin. Checks can be made out to Husson University.
Marketing CommunicationsAs of Fall 2014, Media Studies will have a name change to Mass Communications
Marketing Communication is the coordination of companies' communication and marketing programs to create a consistent image and position in the marketplace. The program teaches students countless ways to communicate with multiple and diverse audiences.
This interdisciplinary program includes courses in marketing, advertising, public relations, graphic design, social media, and market research. Elective courses consist of video production, web design, digital photography, search engine optimization and business. Practical preparation allows students to work with actual clients to develop promotional campaigns, logos, posters, and advertisements to promote goods and services. Students can join Public Relations Student Society of America a national organization that offers conferences, internships, and jobs.
Students complete the program with a customized toolbox of communication skills and a professional portfolio that will allow them to pursue careers as advertising account managers, digital media strategists, engagement coordinators, public relations specialists, marketing associates, and social media directors.
Graduates have found that the diversity of the program has allowed them to be more marketable. They are able to open their own agency, be a one-person operation in a small business, or a specialist in a large company with the versatility to pitch in other areas when needed.