- Here are 25 job openings including at the WWE, NFL and Disney to inspire you.
25 job openings in the PR and marketing world
While this week's job openings may seem a little intimidating, they can help career-seeking pros pack a punch in the ring, on the ice, or in the office.
- Did you know there is a Center for Leadership in Public Relations? The staff are wanting to do a better job of letting students know about their services and resources. Please complete this survey to help them identify ways to serve you better.
Online Survey Software | Qualtrics Survey Solutions
- It's time to apply for the Maine Public Relations Council scholarship.
Maine Public Relations Council
The Maine Public Relations Council is a professional association of Maine public relations practitioners who are dedicated to the professional development of its members and to a greater awareness of the role of public relations in the world today
- What brands have you seen that are guilty of these sins?
The 7 deadly brand social media sins, illustrated - Digiday
Agency Brunner unveils an animated video series instructing brands on how to avoid the biggest social media faux pas.
- Have you registered for the MPRC Annual Conference yet? It's a great opportunity to hear from professionals and do some networking. Attend the PRSSA Husson/Nescom meeting today at 3:30 in room 216 at the Meeting House to find out who else is going and arrange to car pool.
Maine Public Relations Council
Curious about the agenda for the Annual Conference next week? Here is the full lineup! #MPRCircus http://www.meprcouncil.org/resources/media/74_730299842.pdf
- Why not combine your passion for soccer with your online skills into a job? Here's one example.
Don Garber Commissioner Mark Abbott President & Deputy Commissioner, Major League Soccer Gary Stevenson President and Managing Director, MLS Business Ventures Kathy Carter President, Soccer U
- Wondering what you should ask in a job interview? Here are some questions that will help get you the job.
8 Questions Every Candidate Should Ask During Job Interviews
Don't be afraid to grill hiring managers. Chances are, they're hoping you will.
- Is the campaign to get McDonald's to offer a fried ice cream pie for real or a marketing ploy?
Grassroots Yo campaign urges McDonald's to sell an ice cream pie - Payne Public Relations
We’ve seen the Web used for all sorts of purposes, from the noble to the nefarious to the completely inane. A new campaign that edges toward the inane/absurd aims to convince McDonald’s to launch “The McFried Ice Cream Pie.” It’s essentially the same McDonald’s pie that has been scalding roofs of mo…
- Here's what happens when you pitch a story to the media and how to do it right.
NowSourcing: Why are People So Bad at Pitching?
[ssba] With journalists receiving hundreds of email pitches every day, making a genuine impression can be quite difficult. Finding the right contact and ultimately making your pitch stand out above the crowd takes just the right amount of research, experience, and heart. We tackled some tried and tr…
Marketing CommunicationsAs of Fall 2014, Media Studies will have a name change to Mass Communications
Marketing Communication is the coordination of companies' communication and marketing programs to create a consistent image and position in the marketplace. The program teaches students countless ways to communicate with multiple and diverse audiences.
This interdisciplinary program includes courses in marketing, advertising, public relations, graphic design, social media, and market research. Elective courses consist of video production, web design, digital photography, search engine optimization and business. Practical preparation allows students to work with actual clients to develop promotional campaigns, logos, posters, and advertisements to promote goods and services. Students can join Public Relations Student Society of America a national organization that offers conferences, internships, and jobs.
Students complete the program with a customized toolbox of communication skills and a professional portfolio that will allow them to pursue careers as advertising account managers, digital media strategists, engagement coordinators, public relations specialists, marketing associates, and social media directors.
Graduates have found that the diversity of the program has allowed them to be more marketable. They are able to open their own agency, be a one-person operation in a small business, or a specialist in a large company with the versatility to pitch in other areas when needed.