- Here's some sound advice from Alum Ally Scott writing in this week's The Maine Edge.
Three simple ways to build your nonprofit’s brand - The Marketing Edge - Biz - The Maine Edge
Three simple ways to build your nonprofit’s brand - The Marketing Edge - Biz In the busy world of nonprofits, where one employee usually wears many hats in the organization, it’s often hard to find time to strategize about branding. However, building your
- Pepsi disses Coke in their new ads
Win Concert Tickets with Pepsi ... but Not with Coca-Cola
Every hour, you can win free concert tickets this summer by opening a bottle of Pepsi, but not with a Coke.
- If you were wondering what faculty do over the summer.
NESCom Is The New Black
Made with love the excellent people of NESCom from your very own "Crazy Eyes" Nason. For those that are not familiar with the Orange Is the New Black opening theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBITGyJynfAP.S. I'm sure someone somewhere is regretting that I have access to all the NESCom photos.
- RESEARCH TO REALITY: USING DATA TO DEVELOP STRATEGY, a Maine Public Relations Council professional development session, is happening this Friday in Bangor and Westbrook. If you are in either area it is worth attending. The student cost is only $10 and that includes breakfast!
Maine Public Relations Council
The Maine Public Relations Council is a professional association of Maine public relations practitioners who are dedicated to the professional development of its members and to a greater awareness of the role of public relations in the world today
- If you are ready to answer these questions you are sure to ace that interview!
8 Stealth Interview Questions That Reveal True Character
Finding a real star requires going beyond Tell me about yourself. Here are the questions that will tell you what you really want to know.
- Byer of Maine, a company that makes wood frame camp furniture in Orono, is looking for an online marketing specialist.
- A logo rebrand can be a huge success or a big miss. In this rebrand roundtable, experts discuss the new logo for IHOP
Rebrand Round Table: The IHOP Logo
For the second (and long overdue) installment of our Rebrand Round Table, we’re taking a closer look at the IHOP logo redesign, released last week.
Tiny Dolls Act Out Hilarious Soap Operas Over Single Pieces of French Toast Crunch
Consumers bowled over by the recent return of French Toast Crunch after a nine-year hiatus should enjoy "The Tiny & The Tasty," a strange and silly soap-opera parody that casts dolls as actors to reintroduce the General Mills cereal. McCann, Picture Mill and Beacon Street collaborated on the campaig…
- Who would like to see their design on a tshirt? If so this Spruce Run-Womancare Alliance's Race/Walk to End Domestic Abuse tshirt contest is for you. Check out the guidelines and details. Submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and put ‘Tee-shirt design contest’ in the heading. The deadline is July 31st.
Bachelor of Science in Mass Communications - Marketing Communications
Marketing Communications is the coordination of companies' communication and marketing programs to create a consistent image and position in the marketplace. The program teaches students countless ways to communicate with multiple and diverse audiences.
This interdisciplinary program includes courses in marketing, advertising, public relations, graphic design, social media, and market research. Elective courses consist of video production, web design, digital photography, search engine optimization and business. Practical preparation allows students to work with actual clients to develop promotional campaigns, logos, posters, and advertisements to promote goods and services. Students can join Public Relations Student Society of America a national organization that offers conferences, internships, and jobs.
Students complete the program with a customized toolbox of communication skills and a professional portfolio that will allow them to pursue careers as advertising account managers, digital media strategists, engagement coordinators, public relations specialists, marketing associates, and social media directors.
Graduates have found that the diversity of the program has allowed them to be more marketable. They are able to open their own agency, be a one-person operation in a small business, or a specialist in a large company with the versatility to pitch in other areas when needed. If you are looking for a university with experienced faculty, an affordable and quality degree, then you are in the right place!