- Jackson Lab is looking for summer interns. Our representative will be on campus March 4 from 11-2 to talk to interested students. Contact Nancy for more details.
Summer Student Program - The Jackson Laboratory
Students learn how to conduct research by working on an independent, original project under the mentorship of a research scientist. With guidance from their mentor, students design the project, implement the research plan, analyze the data, and report the
- Do you have DIRECTV? Students in the capstone course are participating in a national competition and need people who have DIRECTV to complete a brief survey. You can help them out by completing the survey and/or sharing the link. Thank you!
DIRECTV Customer Survey
Web survey powered by SurveyMonkey.com. Create your own online survey now with SurveyMonkey's expert certified FREE templates.
- Need a scholarship?
2015 Bradley Scholarship – Apply Now - Yankee PRSA
Undergraduate students, who will achieve “sophomore,” “junior,” or “senior” grade level by fall 2015, or graduate students at an accredited, degree-granting college or university in Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont who have a declared major in a public relations-related field are encouraged to apply…
- Our great PRSSA Husson/Nescom chapter at the PR Advanced 2015 conference this past weekend in Boston.
- If you are interested in sports marketing Wednesday's Early Bird Breakfast featuring a panel of area experts is for you.
Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce
The Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce represents 21 Maine communities, serving as the voice and advocate for their businesses and working to create a vital and healthy business environment.
- Members of our PRSSA Husson/Nescom chapter at the PR Advanced conference in Boston today. #dressedforsuccess
- There will be very brief talks from graphic designers, artists, and others at tonight's PechaKucha Bangor. Admission is $6.
- Who would like to do an internship with the Olympics? There are plenty of opportunities.
Jobs with USOC | Join the United States Olympic Committee
The USOC employs over 350 people nationwide in a variety of functional areas including, marketing, sports administration, culinary nutrition, sport science and more.
- Know someone who is interested in learning more about NESCom? Then tell them to attend NESCom LIVE!
Wednesday, February 18 from 3:30 pm to 7:00 pm If you're considering a career in the entertainment industry, this is the event for you! Get a tour of the Wildey Communications Center and its recording studio, mixing rooms, radio station (labs)...
Marketing CommunicationsAs of Fall 2014, Media Studies will have a name change to Mass Communications
Marketing Communication is the coordination of companies' communication and marketing programs to create a consistent image and position in the marketplace. The program teaches students countless ways to communicate with multiple and diverse audiences.
This interdisciplinary program includes courses in marketing, advertising, public relations, graphic design, social media, and market research. Elective courses consist of video production, web design, digital photography, search engine optimization and business. Practical preparation allows students to work with actual clients to develop promotional campaigns, logos, posters, and advertisements to promote goods and services. Students can join Public Relations Student Society of America a national organization that offers conferences, internships, and jobs.
Students complete the program with a customized toolbox of communication skills and a professional portfolio that will allow them to pursue careers as advertising account managers, digital media strategists, engagement coordinators, public relations specialists, marketing associates, and social media directors.
Graduates have found that the diversity of the program has allowed them to be more marketable. They are able to open their own agency, be a one-person operation in a small business, or a specialist in a large company with the versatility to pitch in other areas when needed.