- How to lose your job by posting on social media.
Nordstrom fires employee, citing Facebook comments
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Nordstrom has fired a Portland employee after the sales associate apparently posted a controversial statement using his personal Facebook page advocating the killing of police officers. "What
- The University's newly formed Sustainability Committee is looking for a student rep. Could that be you? The committee's charge is to develop both short and long term strategies that will make Husson a more sustainable campus (not only from an environmental point of view, but also an educational and economic one). Contact Professor Stone (email@example.com) if you are interested.
- Curious about what students create in Digital Illustration, Digital Photograph or some of the Fine Arts classes? Be sure to check out the exhibit in Hart Studio in the basement of Hart Hall today. There are even snacks from 4:30-6:30.
- Who wants to work at LEGO, NASCAR or Samsung? There are jobs available there and lots of others places too. This list even includes some internships!
25 job openings in the PR and marketing world
The week's featured job openings offer communications pros a chance to tell stories about LEGO's iconic brick toys.
- There is a PRSSA Husson/Nescom meeting today. 3:00 pm in room 216 in the Meeting House.
- Here's another scholarship for marketing students.
Marketing Scholarships - Scholarship Funds - Student Scholarships | Marketing EDGE
Marketing EDGE awards marketing scholarships to both graduate or undergraduate students. Marketing scholarships are for students interested in a marketing career.
- The next Social Media Breakfast Bangor is tomorrow morning. The wisdom and bacon you get are well worth the cost.
SMB Bangor #40: What’s New with LinkedIn
Come to Social Media Breakfast on December 4 to find out what's changed about LinkedIn and how to leverage the platform to maximize your career or hiring.
- Make a mistake? A creative commercial can help make it better.
Arby’s Accidentally Reneged On An Endorsement Deal With Pepsi And They Made Up For It With This Ad
As part of an endorsement deal, Arby's is supposed to feature Pepsi in two television spots per year. This year they forgot.
- The Maine Public Relations Council scholarship is due this Friday. Have you asked faculty to write a recommendation for you?
Maine Public Relations Council
The Maine Public Relations Council is a professional association of Maine public relations practitioners who are dedicated to the professional development of its members and to a greater awareness of the role of public relations in the world today
Marketing CommunicationsAs of Fall 2014, Media Studies will have a name change to Mass Communications
Marketing Communication is the coordination of companies' communication and marketing programs to create a consistent image and position in the marketplace. The program teaches students countless ways to communicate with multiple and diverse audiences.
This interdisciplinary program includes courses in marketing, advertising, public relations, graphic design, social media, and market research. Elective courses consist of video production, web design, digital photography, search engine optimization and business. Practical preparation allows students to work with actual clients to develop promotional campaigns, logos, posters, and advertisements to promote goods and services. Students can join Public Relations Student Society of America a national organization that offers conferences, internships, and jobs.
Students complete the program with a customized toolbox of communication skills and a professional portfolio that will allow them to pursue careers as advertising account managers, digital media strategists, engagement coordinators, public relations specialists, marketing associates, and social media directors.
Graduates have found that the diversity of the program has allowed them to be more marketable. They are able to open their own agency, be a one-person operation in a small business, or a specialist in a large company with the versatility to pitch in other areas when needed.