- Here's a job for someone who loves radio and marketing.
Promotions & Marketing Manager
A job in Bangor, ME by Zone Radio in the Marketing, Advertising and Business Dev. field: Promotions & Marketing Manager
- Would you have been willing to speak up and say this was a bad idea?
South Dakota Yanks ‘Don't Jerk and Drive’ Ad Campaign
- Congrats to The VIA Agency
Golden Corral Finds Its Lead Agency in Maine
Golden Corral has completed its search. The VIA Agency is the new lead creative agency for the casual dining chain, according to sources. The independent shop in Portland, Maine, prevailed in a pitch against two other finalists: Merkley + Partners in New York and Mullen in Winston-Salem, N.C.
- How to lose your job by posting on social media.
Nordstrom fires employee, citing Facebook comments
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Nordstrom has fired a Portland employee after the sales associate apparently posted a controversial statement using his personal Facebook page advocating the killing of police officers. "What
- The University's newly formed Sustainability Committee is looking for a student rep. Could that be you? The committee's charge is to develop both short and long term strategies that will make Husson a more sustainable campus (not only from an environmental point of view, but also an educational and economic one). Contact Professor Stone (email@example.com) if you are interested.
- Curious about what students create in Digital Illustration, Digital Photograph or some of the Fine Arts classes? Be sure to check out the exhibit in Hart Studio in the basement of Hart Hall today. There are even snacks from 4:30-6:30.
- Who wants to work at LEGO, NASCAR or Samsung? There are jobs available there and lots of others places too. This list even includes some internships!
25 job openings in the PR and marketing world
The week's featured job openings offer communications pros a chance to tell stories about LEGO's iconic brick toys.
- There is a PRSSA Husson/Nescom meeting today. 3:00 pm in room 216 in the Meeting House.
- Here's another scholarship for marketing students.
Marketing Scholarships - Scholarship Funds - Student Scholarships | Marketing EDGE
Marketing EDGE awards marketing scholarships to both graduate or undergraduate students. Marketing scholarships are for students interested in a marketing career.
Marketing CommunicationsAs of Fall 2014, Media Studies will have a name change to Mass Communications
Marketing Communication is the coordination of companies' communication and marketing programs to create a consistent image and position in the marketplace. The program teaches students countless ways to communicate with multiple and diverse audiences.
This interdisciplinary program includes courses in marketing, advertising, public relations, graphic design, social media, and market research. Elective courses consist of video production, web design, digital photography, search engine optimization and business. Practical preparation allows students to work with actual clients to develop promotional campaigns, logos, posters, and advertisements to promote goods and services. Students can join Public Relations Student Society of America a national organization that offers conferences, internships, and jobs.
Students complete the program with a customized toolbox of communication skills and a professional portfolio that will allow them to pursue careers as advertising account managers, digital media strategists, engagement coordinators, public relations specialists, marketing associates, and social media directors.
Graduates have found that the diversity of the program has allowed them to be more marketable. They are able to open their own agency, be a one-person operation in a small business, or a specialist in a large company with the versatility to pitch in other areas when needed.