- Marvel at these logos and the fonts used in the big batch of upcoming movies announced from Marvel Studios.
The New Trend of Marvel Movie Logos: A Letterer's Perspective
Comic Book Resources
Eisner Award-winning letterer Todd Klein discusses the new look of Marvel Studios' film logos and how it shifts back to comic book design.
- It's time for pre-advising! Your advisor should have a sign-up sheet up so that you can meet and discuss what classes you should take next semester. Registration begins November 10th. You can view class offerings on your portal or on the Husson website.
Husson University class schedules for all sites.
- There is an Open House this Saturday if you have friends or family who might want to check out NESCom, the College of Business, or Legal Studies.
Register online to attend one of Husson University's fall and spring open house events!
- Day's is hiring a photographer. Who is interested? PS two NESCom alums already work there.
We are seeking a suitable replacement for our Company Photographer who has made the decision to retire after many years of service to our company.
- Is anyone else interested in going to the Maine Public Relations Council annual meeting on Thursday? There's room for two more people if you want to car pool. Contact Kaity Patnode to make arrangements.
Maine Public Relations Council
Breaking News!We have received confirmation of our Opening Acts at Thursday's Annual Conference! Circus performances will be from Circus Conservatory of America's Cory Tabino, hand-balancer, Cirque du Soleil and Ariele Edbacher, low wire act, Zoppe Circus!
- Here are 25 job openings including at the WWE, NFL and Disney to inspire you.
25 job openings in the PR and marketing world
While this week's job openings may seem a little intimidating, they can help career-seeking pros pack a punch in the ring, on the ice, or in the office.
- Did you know there is a Center for Leadership in Public Relations? The staff are wanting to do a better job of letting students know about their services and resources. Please complete this survey to help them identify ways to serve you better.
Online Survey Software | Qualtrics Survey Solutions
- It's time to apply for the Maine Public Relations Council scholarship.
Maine Public Relations Council
The Maine Public Relations Council is a professional association of Maine public relations practitioners who are dedicated to the professional development of its members and to a greater awareness of the role of public relations in the world today
- What brands have you seen that are guilty of these sins?
The 7 deadly brand social media sins, illustrated - Digiday
Agency Brunner unveils an animated video series instructing brands on how to avoid the biggest social media faux pas.
Marketing CommunicationsAs of Fall 2014, Media Studies will have a name change to Mass Communications
Marketing Communication is the coordination of companies' communication and marketing programs to create a consistent image and position in the marketplace. The program teaches students countless ways to communicate with multiple and diverse audiences.
This interdisciplinary program includes courses in marketing, advertising, public relations, graphic design, social media, and market research. Elective courses consist of video production, web design, digital photography, search engine optimization and business. Practical preparation allows students to work with actual clients to develop promotional campaigns, logos, posters, and advertisements to promote goods and services. Students can join Public Relations Student Society of America a national organization that offers conferences, internships, and jobs.
Students complete the program with a customized toolbox of communication skills and a professional portfolio that will allow them to pursue careers as advertising account managers, digital media strategists, engagement coordinators, public relations specialists, marketing associates, and social media directors.
Graduates have found that the diversity of the program has allowed them to be more marketable. They are able to open their own agency, be a one-person operation in a small business, or a specialist in a large company with the versatility to pitch in other areas when needed.