- Have you met with your advisor to discuss your classes for the fall? Student Online Registration begins next week 03/27/2017-04/02/2017. Sign-up sheets should be outside of the door of your advisor. Or send an email just to check in. You will have online access beginning at 6:00 a.m. on the following days: Seniors (84+ Credits) and Graduate Students 03/27/2017 – 04/02/2017 Juniors (54-83 Credits) 03/28/2017 – 04/02/2017 Sophomores (24-53 Credits) 03/29/2017 – 04/02/2017 Freshmen (0-23 Credits) 03/30/2017 – 04/02/2017 Be sure to change the term to 2017/FA and allow popups in your browser.
- This discussion with two Washington Post reporters should be lively!
- Here's who you need to know to have brand influence online.
- Preregistration advising begins today! Please plan to meet with your advisor this week to discuss what classes you plan to take in the fall. Some new MC/CT/EP elective class to consider include MC 228 Digital Marketing Principles and Strategies, MC299 Typography, MC347 Photojournalism, and MC 327/BA499 Professional Blogging. Student Online Registration begins next week 03/27/2017-04/02/2017. Be sure to change the term to 2017/FA and allow popups in your browser. You will have online access beginning at 6:00 a.m. on the following days: Seniors (84+ Credits) and Graduate Students 03/27/2017 – 04/02/2017 Juniors (54-83 Credits) 03/28/2017 – 04/02/2017 Sophomores (24-53 Credits) 03/29/2017 – 04/02/2017 Freshmen (0-23 Credits) 03/30/2017 – 04/02/2017
- This Norwegian research study finds that students retain information better if they write it rather than type it. What do you think?
- NESCom at Husson University is now offering certificates in digital marketing, graphic design, web media and more. There is a free breakfast next Tuesday for anyone who would like to know more. RSVP at husson.edu/nescom/learn
- The American Academy of Pediatrics, Maine Chapter located in Manchester has a paid 10 hour a week summer Multi & Social Media Production internship available. If you are interested contact Morgan in Husson University Career Services.
- Unity College has job opening in media relations. You would be joining a terrific staff!
Bachelor of Science in Mass Communications - Marketing Communications
Marketing Communications is the coordination of companies' communication and marketing programs to create a consistent image and position in the marketplace. The program teaches students countless ways to communicate with multiple and diverse audiences.
This interdisciplinary program includes courses in marketing, advertising, public relations, graphic design, social media, and market research. Elective courses consist of video production, web design, digital photography, search engine optimization and business. Practical preparation allows students to work with actual clients to develop promotional campaigns, logos, posters, and advertisements to promote goods and services. Students can join Public Relations Student Society of America a national organization that offers conferences, internships, and jobs.
Students complete the program with a customized toolbox of communication skills and a professional portfolio that will allow them to pursue careers as advertising account managers, digital media strategists, engagement coordinators, public relations specialists, marketing associates, and social media directors.
Graduates have found that the diversity of the program has allowed them to be more marketable. They are able to open their own agency, be a one-person operation in a small business, or a specialist in a large company with the versatility to pitch in other areas when needed. If you are looking for a university with experienced faculty, an affordable and quality degree, then you are in the right place!