- Are you doing some freelance work this summer? Here are are some great resources for stock photos that are free.
The ultimate guide to free images
This list of 39 free stock photo resources will ensure you never struggle to find images for blog or social media posts again.
- Has grammar ever been so groovy?
"Weird Al" Yankovic - Word Crimes
"Weird Al" Yankovic's new album "Mandatory Fun" out now: http://smarturl.it/MandatoryFun Music video by "Weird Al" Yankovic performing Word Crimes. (C) 2014 ...
- Look what will be here to greet you this fall. Are you getting excited?
Signs of summer at NESCom: stacks of new computers for the new WCC 306 lab.
- Here's your cheat sheet for all things social media.
How to Create Perfect Posts for the Most Popular Social Platforms [Infographic]
Social Media - A post that works well for one social platform may not work well for another. That's because every social media has its own formula for the perfect post. Here's a ...
- Here's a chance for some networking with Yankee Chapter PRSA if you are near Merrimack on July 31st.
Join us at the Able Ebenezer Brewing Company in Merrimack for a night of food, drink and socializing. Relax in their tasting room on their couches or at their bar. Food and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided. Beer flights and growlers to take home will be available for an additional cost.
- If you are close to Freeport on Thursday stop by this Maine Public Relations Council event. It's a great opportunity to network with your future peers!
- Need help polishing your online image? This company has written the manual.
Your new boss is going to Google you. Make sure she likes what she sees.
Online reputation-scrubbing companies see surges in business as graduates enter the job market
- Will these new techniques make you a Target shopper?
Target tries to win hearts and clicks of Gen Y
Target needs Millennials, and right now, it knows the highly sought-after generation doesn't think Target is great for online shopping
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters in Camden is hiring. The successful candidate will support the CEO and Development Director in achieving fundraising goals and assist individuals calling or visiting the office to learn about becoming Bigs or Littles.
Marketing CommunicationsAs of Fall 2014, Media Studies will have a name change to Mass Communications
Marketing Communication is the coordination of companies' communication and marketing programs to create a consistent image and position in the marketplace. The program teaches students countless ways to communicate with multiple and diverse audiences.
This interdisciplinary program includes courses in marketing, advertising, public relations, graphic design, social media, and market research. Elective courses consist of video production, web design, digital photography, search engine optimization and business. Practical preparation allows students to work with actual clients to develop promotional campaigns, logos, posters, and advertisements to promote goods and services. Students can join Public Relations Student Society of America a national organization that offers conferences, internships, and jobs.
Students complete the program with a customized toolbox of communication skills and a professional portfolio that will allow them to pursue careers as advertising account managers, digital media strategists, engagement coordinators, public relations specialists, marketing associates, and social media directors.
Graduates have found that the diversity of the program has allowed them to be more marketable. They are able to open their own agency, be a one-person operation in a small business, or a specialist in a large company with the versatility to pitch in other areas when needed.