- 3 station in Louisiana had their computers held hostage by hackers.
It Was Three Stannard Stations Hit By Apparent CryptoWall Hijacking Virus
YESTERDAY (NET NEWS 10/21), ALL ACCESS told you that the LOUISIANA ASSOCIATION OF BROADCASTERS posted on its website that, "one of our member radio stations was 'hijacked' this past FRIDAY, OCTOBER 17th. The owner is trying to spread the word. It’s going to cost tens of thousands of dollars to repla…
Number of U.S. Radio Stations on the Rise, Especially LPFM, according to New FCC Count - Radio...
The number of U.S. radio stations increased this quarter, according to the FCC. The number of LPFM, boosters and translators increased the most.
- The deadline for the Broadcast Education Association scholarships is fast approaching. Don't forget to apply!
Broadcast Education Association - National Scholarships in Broadcasting
BEA is the professional development association for professors, industry professionals and students involved in teaching and research related to radio, television, and other electronic media. BEA administers fourteen scholarships annually, to honor b
- Congratulations to Jesse Larkin ('14) and Ethan Roebuck, who created the In One Ear "Talents" promo and to all the students involved in the 2013 Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Mystery and Imagination. Both pieces received awards at the 2014 Maine Association of Broadcasters News & Creative Awards this weekend!
- Audition tonight for a role in the 2015 "Poe Show"!
- 89.3fm WHSN Bangor has been nominated for a 2014 CMJ award.
Announcing The 2014 CMJ College Radio Awards Nominees
Announcing The 2013 CMJ College Radio Awards Nominees: Congrats to Station Of The Year contenders WXJM, WDBM, CJLO, and WTBU!
- 89.3fm WHSN Bangor's 2013 Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Mystery and Imagination is a finalist in the College Media Advisers Pinnacle awards in the Best Radio Talk/Entertainment Program category.
Broadcast Finalists: 2013-14 Pinnacle Awards
Over the next week, CMA will announce Pinnacle Award finalists, beginning with individual work (in advertising, broadcast, design, online, photo, sports and writing categories) and leading up to organizational Pinnacles: the best newspapers, stations, magazines, websites and yearbooks of 2013-14.
- Students interested in attending the 2014 Maine Association of Broadcasters convention should see Mark Nason to sign up.
2014 Maine Association of Broadcasters Convention
- WHSN's 2013 Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Mystery & Imagination is a finalist in the CBI National Student Production Awards in the Special Broadcast category.
National Student Production Awards Finalists - National Student Electronic Media Convention
Congratulations to the following finalists in the CBI 2014 National Student Production awards! More finalists will be announced on this page every weekday through Aug. 29, so check back. Winners will be announced in Seattle at the 2014 National Student Electronic Media Convention. Announced August 2…
Radio BroadcastingAs of Fall 2014, Media Studies will have a name change to Mass Communications
Radio broadcasting is an ever-evolving medium. It’s no longer just about being a “DJ”. It’s about being a versatile contributor within a group of radio stations. Radio stations are pushing web and social media content to engage with listeners along with the traditional aspects of radio. We provide you with the fundamentals of news reporting, radio performance, programming and operations. You will have the opportunity to take webmedia, marketing and social media courses as electives.
At NESCom our focus is giving you the tools needed to build your knowledge and develop your skills. WHSN 89.3-FM, Bangor’s only alternative rock station, provides students a platform craft their skills. You will be responsible for on-air shifts and programming. The radio station, which broadcasts 24 hours per day, provides our students with real world experience.