- 89.3fm WHSN Bangor has been nominated for a 2014 CMJ award.
Announcing The 2014 CMJ College Radio Awards Nominees
Announcing The 2013 CMJ College Radio Awards Nominees: Congrats to Station Of The Year contenders WXJM, WDBM, CJLO, and WTBU!
- 89.3fm WHSN Bangor's 2013 Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Mystery and Imagination is a finalist in the College Media Advisers Pinnacle awards in the Best Radio Talk/Entertainment Program category.
Broadcast Finalists: 2013-14 Pinnacle Awards
Over the next week, CMA will announce Pinnacle Award finalists, beginning with individual work (in advertising, broadcast, design, online, photo, sports and writing categories) and leading up to organizational Pinnacles: the best newspapers, stations, magazines, websites and yearbooks of 2013-14.
- Students interested in attending the 2014 Maine Association of Broadcasters convention should see Mark Nason to sign up.
2014 Maine Association of Broadcasters Convention
- WHSN's 2013 Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Mystery & Imagination is a finalist in the CBI National Student Production Awards in the Special Broadcast category.
National Student Production Awards Finalists - National Student Electronic Media Convention
Congratulations to the following finalists in the CBI 2014 National Student Production awards! More finalists will be announced on this page every weekday through Aug. 29, so check back. Winners will be announced in Seattle at the 2014 National Student Electronic Media Convention. Announced August 2…
- The 2014 Maine Association of Broadcasters Fall Convention is now open to registration. Look at the speakers and seminars and let Mark Nason know if you would like to attend!
2014 Conference - Maine Association of Broadcasters
MAB 2014 Conference - September 26-27, 2014
- No matter how you listen, whether it's a mobile device, your car or with an old school boom box, celebrate National Radio Day!
Who's To Blame For Commercial Radio's Worst New Idea? | Future of Music Coalition
Imagine a radio format that plays “twice as many songs” by only playing about half of each song, in an attempt to cater to “the needs and lifestyle of today’s multitasking, attention challenged listeners.” It may sound like a joke straight out of Mike Judge’s Idiocracy, but it’s the actual concept…
- Hopefully these "faces for radio" can laugh at themselves (a talent all radio people should have).
Mumbles: The Top 30 Not So Good Looking Radio DJ's of 2014!!
- Congratulations to 2010 radio broadcasting alum Christian Mower who has been named News Director for Mt. Washington Radio Group in NH.
Radio BroadcastingAs of Fall 2014, Media Studies will have a name change to Mass Communications
Radio broadcasting is an ever-evolving medium. It’s no longer just about being a “DJ”. It’s about being a versatile contributor within a group of radio stations. Radio stations are pushing web and social media content to engage with listeners along with the traditional aspects of radio. We provide you with the fundamentals of news reporting, radio performance, programming and operations. You will have the opportunity to take webmedia, marketing and social media courses as electives.
At NESCom our focus is giving you the tools needed to build your knowledge and develop your skills. WHSN 89.3-FM, Bangor’s only alternative rock station, provides students a platform craft their skills. You will be responsible for on-air shifts and programming. The radio station, which broadcasts 24 hours per day, provides our students with real world experience.