- Love 'em or hate 'em, jingles work.
- In a piece that would interest both Radio Broadcasting and NESCom Live Sound Technology students, Radio World write about the National Symphony Orchestra's recent visit to NPR All Things Considered.
- The entry window for the annual NAB Education Foundation Freedom of Speech PSA competition is now open. Top prize is a $2,500 scholarship!
- A good reminder for any radio station planning an April Fool's Day gag.
- Congratulations to the radio category winners at the Alliance for Women in Media 2017 Gracie awards.
- NASCAR driver Eric McClure spoke fondly of his time at the college, saying that he was often a shy and quiet student until his friends encouraged him to participate in the radio station programs. “If I didn’t have the radio station experience, I wouldn’t have the confidence to speak to people now,” he said.
- Our students learn about both forms of Nielsen radio listener data collection (diaries and PPM). In his editorial yesterday for Radio Ink Magazine, K.M. Richards writes about why he thinks PPM should be scrapped.
Bachelor of Science in Mass Communications - Radio BroadcastingRadio broadcasting is an ever-evolving medium. It’s no longer just about being a “DJ”. It’s about being a versatile contributor within a group of radio stations. Radio stations are pushing web and social media content to engage with listeners along with the traditional aspects of radio. We provide you with the fundamentals of news reporting, radio performance, programming and operations. You will have the opportunity to take webmedia, marketing and social media courses as electives.
At the New England School of Communications at Husson University, our focus is giving you the tools needed to build your knowledge and develop your skills. WHSN 89.3-FM, Bangor’s only alternative rock station, provides students a platform craft their skills. You will be responsible for on-air shifts and programming. The radio station, which broadcasts 24 hours per day, provides our students with real world experience. If you are looking for a university with experienced faculty, an affordable and quality degree, then you are in the right place!