We find that many high schools no longer have student run newspapers. Often this is due to budgetary issues and finding an advisor for the paper. At NESCom we would like to be a partner in this. We would love to spend an afternoon with you and interested students. We will cover:
• How to start a school newspaper.
• Keeping a cost-effective budget.
• How to get adequate support.
• Which platform might be best for you.
• Which distribution channel would be most successful for your school.
Starting this fall, Dr. Mark Kelley, Director of NESCom’s Journalism program, is available to visit you on Mondays. Please fill out the form and Dr. Kelley will contact you to confirm a date and time. We would love to catapult your student newspaper into a successful source of information for the student community.