- Your Next Gen Ken doll could be sporting a man bun or a dad bod. According to a Mattel news release, "Barbie expanded its Fashionistas line on Tuesday with 15 new and diverse Ken dolls, featuring three body types – slim, broad, and original – and a variety of skin tones, eye colors, hairstyles, and modern fashion looks." The hope is that Ken and Barbie will be more relatable to today's children. For a laugh see how man bun Ken is being trolled on Twitter.
- It's likely that you've seen Margaret Bourke-White's photos as she is one of the preeminent photographers of the 20th century.
- This Supreme Court decision allows the Redskins to keep their name and companies can now trademark and use names that are considered offensive to select groups. #firstamendment
- Congratulations to adjunct faculty member Theresa Rand Ayotte who received her MA in Graphic Design and Visual Experience from Savannah College of Art and Design last weekend.
- Do you think hosting hipster events will improve Delta's image?
- Move over femvertising. It's the guys turn.
- Blogging is the topic of this Friday's Social Media Breakfast Bangor.Admission is only $10 and includes a great breakfast.
- Here's presentation advice from the Google CEO.
- Do you use flaws in reasoning in your communication? Take a look and see.
New England School of Communications at Husson University boasts high-tech facilities and equipment for use by students. The Wildey Communications Center has classrooms fully equipped with computers with the latest software for graphic design, digital photography, digital video and audio, web publishing, DVD authoring, and 3D animation. A TV studio and campus-wide TV network, a recording studio and associated control rooms, a fully operational radio station, audio and video control rooms, editing booths and computer labs are also available for student use.
The Writing Center is a resource available to students to help them improve their writing. Specific assistance is available for research, references, literature, resumes, creative writing, business and technical writing. The Writing Center staff can help students' invent, organize, and revise documents to meet specific class requirements. Throughout the term, The Writing Center offers informational workshops, such as how to use APA citation format.
The library provides materials that are current, that range from introductory to more advanced, and that include practical and professional as well as theoretical materials. The Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service obtains materials from several regional and national networks whose members share resources at no cost. Internet search engines and subject guides, organized by major that list book, journal and online sources of information to assist students are available. Librarians also teach students how information is gathered, organized and disseminated.