- Want to see the inner workings of a live television program that airs nearly statewide? Attend next week's taping of The Nite Show as a guest of NESCom and receive a backstage tour before the show, getting to see everything that goes into the production. The next taping of the Nite Show is Wednesday, April 26th. Guests include Marc Summers of Double Dare, Unwrapped & the forthcoming documentary On Your Marc, Olympian Julia Clukey, and Maine's own Spose who will talk his new album "Good Luck With Your Life"
- Don't miss You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown running April 28th through the 30th at the Gracie Theatre's Black Box Theatre! The show is culmination of a semester's work by the students of EP235 Musical Theatre Performance.
- The Society of Professional Journalists at Husson University will host a free screening of the documentary film Tickling Giants, tomorrow night at Libra Lecture Hall.
- High School Freshmen, Sophomores, & Juniors: Interested in all forms of media and communications? Check out Maine Media Camp running July 30th through August 4th! http://nescom.husson.edu/mediacamp
- NESCom Marketing Communications Husson University student Kyle King uses his Instagram account to showcase his graphic design talents and it's led to work on a national scale.
- To all those joining us today for Accepted Students Day, welcome! We hope you have a great time!
- Enjoy fashion, dance, song, & cuisine at the Husson University Culture Night 2017, tonight at 7 at the Gracie Theatre. The event is hosted by the African Students Association thanks to a Husson SOAR grant and is sponsored by the International Students Association and the United Students Association.
- There's nothing like seeing a graduate who loves what they do!
- Students of EP235 Musical Theatre Performance invite you to their spring production of You're a Good Man Charlie Brown running April 28th through the 30th at the Gracie Theatre's Black Box Theatre.
Maine Media Camp 2017
Maine Media camp is a week long summer program, in August, for high school students interested in exploring the fun and fascinating fields of media and communications. The camp is open to students entering their sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school.
Maine Media Camp is a chance to experience an introduction to the fields of Audio Engineering, Digital Photography, Journalism, Marketing Communications, Radio Broadcasting, Video Production and WebMedia. Students spend one week learning from the professionals in all forms of hands-on media. Campers even get to choose one area to dive into deeper throughout the week, customizing their experience to their interests.
In addition to media production work, the conversations with media personalities, tours of radio and television stations, students have time for fun and entertainment while making friends with others who share their interests.
Participants have a chance to live on-campus in the residence halls, eat in the dining halls and get a brief glimpse of what the communications college experience is like.
Dates: July 30-August 4, 2017
Room & Board: $200.00
To register for Maine Media Camp, download the registration in pdf form and return to:
Maine Media Camp
1 College Circle
Bangor, ME 04401
or email the completed form to Camp Director Mark Nason at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about Maine Media Camp, fill out the form below or contact the New England School of Communications at Husson University by calling 1-800-4HUSSON.