- The Husson University Dance Club presents their 6th annual Dance Showcase tonight at 7 at the Gracie Theatre. The event is open to the public and admission is free!
- Students and faculty of the NESCom Mobile Production Unit are on the road today, headed for Londonderry High School in NH. They'll work with LHS students in producing a live coffee house concert tonight.
- CT441 Video Workshop students share some behind the scenes shots of their documentary Entangled Strangers.
- NESCom instructors Larry Ayotte and Steve Vachon working this morning on a live interview for Meet the Press with Senator Susan Collins.
- NESCom will hold a breakfast & learn seminar about our new training and certificate programs on Tuesday, March 21st from 7:30-9am. To RSVPS visit husson.edu/nescom/learn
- The next Husson University networking night is coming up Thursday, March 23rd at the Center for Family Business. One of the speakers will be '97 grad and NESCom Radio Broadcasting instructor Mark Nason. Juniors and seniors are encouraged to attend!
- Each year the Maine Science Festival thousands of people together to learn and explore. At this year's festival March 16th though the 19th at the Cross Insurance Center, attendees can enjoy sessions presented by NESCom faculty.
- If you are a current college student in Maine the Marketing Communications capstone course would appreciate you taking this brief survey. Students are developing a campaign to raise awareness among college students about why and how to prepare for emergency situations and the first step is collecting data to best understand the audience.
- All are invited to an artist reception today at 4pm in the Robert E. White gallery with artists Krisanne Baker. Her exhibit 'Water Is Life' is presently on display in the gallery.
Maine Media Camp 2017
Maine Media camp is a week long summer program, in August, for high school students interested in exploring the fun and fascinating fields of media and communications. The camp is open to students entering their sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school.
Maine Media Camp is a chance to experience an introduction to the fields of Audio Engineering, Digital Photography, Journalism, Marketing Communications, Radio Broadcasting, Video Production and WebMedia. Students spend one week learning from the professionals in all forms of hands-on media. Campers even get to choose one area to dive into deeper throughout the week, customizing their experience to their interests.
In addition to media production work, the conversations with media personalities, tours of radio and television stations, students have time for fun and entertainment while making friends with others who share their interests.
Participants have a chance to live on-campus in the residence halls, eat in the dining halls and get a brief glimpse of what the communications college experience is like.
Dates: July 30-August 4, 2017
Room & Board: $200.00
To register for Maine Media Camp, download the registration in pdf form and return to:
Maine Media Camp
1 College Circle
Bangor, ME 04401
or email the completed form to Camp Director Mark Nason at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about Maine Media Camp, fill out the form below or contact the New England School of Communications at Husson University by calling 1-800-4HUSSON.