- New students attending the New England School of Communications at Husson University in the fall are on campus today for New Student Orientation!
Welcome and enjoy the day!
- Space is still available for Maine Media Camp 2015, the NESCom summer experience for high school students August 2nd through the 7th.
Maine Media Camp 2015 - New England School of Communications at Husson University
Maine Media camp is a week long summer program, in August, for high school students interested in exploring the fun and fascinating fields of media and communications.Maine Media Camp is a chance to experience an introduction to the fields of Audio
- Where do graduates of the New England School of Communications at Husson University go? Here's '13 NESCom Live Sound Technology grad Katie Hughes, working for Clair Bros. on tour this summer with HOODIE ALLEN, Wiz Khalifa and Fall Out Boy on the Boys of Zummer tour.
- NESCom Instructor Mark Nason put this together yesterday for fans of both the New England School of Communications and the Netflix show Orange Is The New Black.
NESCom Is The New Black
Made with love the excellent people of NESCom from your very own "Crazy Eyes" Nason. For those that are not familiar with the Orange Is the New Black opening theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBITGyJynfAP.S. I'm sure someone somewhere is regretting that I have access to all the NESCom photos.
- It's a beautiful day isn't it? Let's go to the lake!
For the last taping of The Nite Show before the summer break, NESCom students and staff took the show on the road to tape live at Gould's Landing on Pushaw Lake.
The episodes taped today will air on July 4th & 17th on WABI TV5 in Bangor, WAGM-TV in Presque Isle and WPFO FOX23 in Portland.
The Nite Show taping live from Pushaw Lake
It's a beautiful day isn't it? Let's go to the lake! For the last taping of @[157246360966627:274:The Nite Show] before the summer break, NESCom students and staff took the show on the road to tape live at Gould's Landing on Pushaw Lake. The episodes taped today will air on July 4th & 17th on @[149507907783:274:WABI TV5] in Bangor, @[140457975077:274:WAGM-TV] in Presque Isle and @[66812222694:274:WPFO FOX23] in Portland.
- It's always interesting to see and hear how changing your environment will change your sound.
They Called Me Legion Recording Session
Want to change the sound of your recording? Why not change rooms?Last night Eric Ferguson worked with they called me Legion and they recorded in the NESCom Video Production studio.Photos by Justin Foster
- Out with the old, in with the new. Over the next few weeks, Lab WCC102 will be completely updated with new 3.1GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 iMacs
- Get to know an incoming NESCom Entertainment Production student.
Class of 2015: Scarborough senior prefers working behind the scenes
SCARBOROUGH — Most students' extracurricular activities involve a sport, or musical group. Eric Lehmann prefers a different activity. Lehmann, a 17-year-old senior at Scarborough High School, first discovered his "niche" of setting up for school productions and events whe...
- NESCom alum Ray Harrington will bring his new documentary Be A Man to Bangor on June 28th for a special advance screening. We caught up with Ray to talk about the film and why he is excited to show it in Bangor.
NESCom Blog: 2010 Alum Ray Harrington To Screen Documentary “Be A Man” in Bangor
Two years ago, 2010 NESCom alum Ray Harrington, had an idea. Now all those months later, the finished product will be shown in Bangor as an advanced screening. Be A Man, a new documentary by Harrington has been a labor of love for the comedian, husband and father. We caught up with Ray after the fil…
Maine Media Camp 2017
Maine Media camp is a week long summer program, in August, for high school students interested in exploring the fun and fascinating fields of media and communications. The camp is open to students entering their sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school.
Maine Media Camp is a chance to experience an introduction to the fields of Audio Engineering, Digital Photography, Journalism, Marketing Communications, Radio Broadcasting, Video Production and WebMedia. Students spend one week learning from the professionals in all forms of hands-on media. Campers even get to choose one area to dive into deeper throughout the week, customizing their experience to their interests.
In addition to media production work, the conversations with media personalities, tours of radio and television stations, students have time for fun and entertainment while making friends with others who share their interests.
Participants have a chance to live on-campus in the residence halls, eat in the dining halls and get a brief glimpse of what the communications college experience is like.
Dates: July 30-August 4, 2017
Room & Board: $200.00
To register for Maine Media Camp, download the registration in pdf form and return to:
Maine Media Camp
1 College Circle
Bangor, ME 04401
or email the completed form to Camp Director Mark Nason at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about Maine Media Camp, fill out the form below or contact the New England School of Communications at Husson University by calling 1-800-4HUSSON.