- You never know where your skills will take you. They could even take you on a roller coaster!
- Ford Motor Company is sponsoring a connected car hackathon at the upcoming NAB Show. "Participants will work on daily challenges that cause them to develop dashboard apps from concept through testing in real time on the show floor."
- You've heard of jailbreaking a phone...but what about a tractor? It's happening more often than you think! Learn about it with this piece from Marketplace Business News.
- NAB PILOT shares their experience in participating in the General Motors Hackathon.
- Students of Assistant Professor Laura Gurney's MI499 Drones, Robots, & 3D Printers class welcomed Ben Goff from Maine Robotics to class today to talk EV3 robots.
- Are you a Bangor area professional looking to expand your learning? Join us for an informational breakfast & learn Tuesday morning to learn about our new certificate programs including WebMedia and web design.
- A great infographic about what happens in an internet minute, created by Lori Lewis, Vice President of Social Media, Cumulus Media.
- A little web humor to start your Thursday.
Bachelor of Science in Communications Technology - WebMediaThe Internet in one way or another has become a part of our daily lives. From online banking, to researching a product and social media, we are using not only our desktop computers, but also mobile devices as the public is “on the go” looking for immediate answers and quick encounters with family and friends. The WebMedia field evolves and innovates as technology and creative ideas take hold in the technology marketplace. WebMedia is no longer about just designing a basic website, it’s about how that website will display on all your devices, and it’s about maximizing content and contact time. It’s about the discovery of consumer behavior on the web and how they can find and use information. It’s about how a business can sell its services or products, whether on a desktop site or through an app.
In WebMedia we start with the fundamentals from the visuals, and structure to working with clients. Our WebMedia program takes a unique approach that follows the development of knowledge and skills in the presentation and appearance, the introduction of content and the functionality of searching not only you how to build a website or application. You will work with real clients to provide real life experiences and build your portfolio. You will also have the opportunity to take courses in marketing, video production, graphic design and digital photography expanding your skillset, to make you more marketable. If you are looking for a university with experienced faculty, an affordable and quality degree, then you are in the right place!